End of Season Boating BS Session

Notices

End of Season Boating BS Session

Old 01-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: End of Season Boating BS Session

Originally Posted by rainorshine
That SS is a beautiful piece of work. I don't think I would trade a 32' for a 32'. Mentalpause has spent some time in one and he liked the boat, I would love to drive one sometime.
I'll have to agree with everyone else on the Cig, you could wash your clothes on the side of it. A boat with a price tag close to half a million should be damn near perfect, and that one was a long way from it.
I looked at the Bajas, I saw just about what I expected. The 42' beakboat was a sharp boat, I think Rich was interested in that one, if he could get the 4' Fonz to autograph it for him!
If Wayne doesn't get the F4 done I am going to ask him to use his SS this summer - that ought to motivate him to get 'er done.

That SS would be a blast down at LOTO.

I guess since you won't trade a 32 for a 32, the 29 DCB cat is out of the question! You will have to go for at least the 33 Eliminator!
Old 01-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich,

We did not spend much time there. I thought maybe that we would run into you but we were in and out quickly. We got there at about 10:30 and we were gone by 12:30. You mentioned the Donzi. I was a bit surprised at the lack of room and the fit and finish in the Donzi. The staggered engines take up some cockpit room but the cabin had no headroom and I had trouble getting in the door. Even smaller than the Fountain. Salesman told me that it would run 92 mph with the 525's

Tim
Old 01-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
If Wayne doesn't get the F4 done I am going to ask him to use his SS this summer - that ought to motivate him to get 'er done.

That SS would be a blast down at LOTO.

I guess since you won't trade a 32 for a 32, the 29 DCB cat is out of the question! You will have to go for at least the 33 Eliminator!
Or the 36 Eliminator!
Old 01-21-2006, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by rainorshine
Or the 36 Eliminator!
Now you're talking.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Now you're talking.

Ohhhhh, yeaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 01-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

Got a call from Wayne today as we were travelling back from LOTO. The molds have been separated from the bucks. The bucks have been cut apart and are ready for the dumpster tomorrow.

Wayne was extremely happy with how well the molds came out.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Registered

Rich - Got my seat back from twin city. They did an excellent job. Apparently, from the factory the seat tuck seam was stapled to cardboard, and then the cardboard was stapled to the wood seat. No wonder the tuck was coming loose?

Twincity pulled the vinyl, stitched in plastic strips to the seam, and then screwed the plastic in to the seat. Its strong now, the material will fail before that tuck comes loose again. I am waiting for warm weather to re-install it and my Rex Marine booster.

Also, for the central IL crew, Rob is shooting for a beer pong tourney at the marina on a cold saturday in February...
Old 01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Also bought a Garmin etrex legend GPS...... Just a base model but I am amazed at the features. And its not much bigger then a cell phone.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
Rich - Got my seat back from twin city. They did an excellent job. Apparently, from the factory the seat tuck seam was stapled to cardboard, and then the cardboard was stapled to the wood seat. No wonder the tuck was coming loose?

Twincity pulled the vinyl, stitched in plastic strips to the seam, and then screwed the plastic in to the seat. Its strong now, the material will fail before that tuck comes loose again. I am waiting for warm weather to re-install it and my Rex Marine booster.

Also, for the central IL crew, Rob is shooting for a beer pong tourney at the marina on a cold saturday in February...
I'm sure that was the high end water resistant cardboard they used!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Registered

Got our reservation for St. Louis. Looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: End of Season Boating BS Session

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.