What did everyone think of the show?
Generic rum.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: End of Season Boating BS Session

Originally Posted by rainorshine
What did everyone think of the show?
Scott,
I was really impressed with the Sunsation 32SS. Would you consider that boat with MAGHO power? True stepped boat, alot of freeboard, nice looking ride. Have you ever driven the SS? I wonder how much different that boat would ride, handle than your Dominator? Alot of headroom in the cabin. Probably the most impressive performance boat at the show,if you work for a living(legally).
Rob
Old 01-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Scott,
I was really impressed with the Sunsation 32SS. Would you consider that boat with MAGHO power? True stepped boat, alot of freeboard, nice looking ride. Have you ever driven the SS? I wonder how much different that boat would ride, handle than your Dominator? Alot of headroom in the cabin. Probably the most impressive performance boat at the show,if you work for a living(legally).
Rob
Rides faster than the dominator . I liked the ride in it. It is a little different with a straight V versus the dominator pad bottom. The SS is quite a bit heavier, and I think it runs smoother in rough water.

We ran 83-84 with 5 people and a full tank of gas at the rally with HOs. Boat should run in the low 90s with 525s.

IMO, the HOs are a good match for that boat. Plus it will be a little easier to insure it with black motors.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

I was not real impressed overall.

They brought a bad example for a cig. The gel work was not their finest effort. Pretty bad when I am hanging over a boat that lists over a half mil and all the guy wants to point out is the hatch hinges. On the flip side the Blackthunder exceded my expectations and even with TRIPS still cheaper then others. I was also impressed with the paint coming out of RADICAL.

The SS was a real nice rig. I like the head room it added to the cuddy. However, I would like to see what cutting the head out and moving the dash forward 10-18 inches would do for that boat. I know it would mess with their signiture profile but for me better use of space (above and below).

That show was missing some PQ's, they would have held their own in there.

That said, the company was good, the beer was cold, and what else I am going to do in the middle of January?

I did get to wish John Tait (o-line for the bears) good luck, maybe he should have been resting instead of boat shopping

Last edited by cbgenrl; 01-16-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Wally,

You mentioned the gel work on the cig, but I thought the gel work on the new 40 Baja was much worse. Since this was the showcase boat for Baja you would have thought they would have done a better job on the gel. The salesman told me that it was because it is 40 feet long and that all boats that long look that way. I told him that my 38 PQ did not look like that and he gave me a smirk.

Tim
Old 01-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

I didn't waist much time on the 40. But I did hear the rep try to defend the gel work to somebody else by claiming that was the 'hour glass' shape they were after.

That was probably one of those "unexpected enhancements" when it came out of the molds. "We'll let marketing address that problem"
Old 01-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

Wally,

I wanted to spend some time looking it over since Powerboat Magazine wrote it up like it was the greatest thing to ever hit the boat market. If we could only get them to rate a PQ they would think that the heavens created it. I was not impressed as it seemed to be a bit pricy with no attention to the little details.

Tim
Old 01-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Registered

I have been told several times, don't believe everything you read in that magazine. Those who advertise seem to get good print....

Quick Reply: End of Season Boating BS Session

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.