Legend prop question >

Legend prop question

Notices

Legend prop question

Old 03-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Legend prop question

Hey, I know our boats seem to run best with a 21 pitch mirage plus 3 blade prop but has anyone ever tried a 23 pitch LABBED mirage plus prop? Seems your RPM would stay about the same as with a 21 but would get better top end.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had both a 21 and 23 Mirage Plus. They were both about the same top end. I ended up with a Hydromotive 4 blade in a 23p and its been by far the best wheel I've turned. Also tried a labbed 22p Bravo 1 4 blade with terrible results. If you search the PQ forum I posted some test results on all 3 props. Don't recall the exact numbers any longer.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Registered

Ok, I read your post (very thorough) and have one question for you. Would you run that prop if you didnt have tabs? Right now at 60 mph I dont have any chine walk. If I go to a 4 blade prop (which usually pushes the bow up) are tabs needed to push the bow back down and give you the control you need? Do you ever run WOT and not use your tabs?

Last edited by Powerquest_Baby!!; 03-12-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
Ok, I read your post (very thorough) and have one question for you. Would you run that prop if you didnt have tabs? Right now at 60 mph I dont have any chine walk. If I go to a 4 blade prop (which usually pushes the bow up) are tabs needed to push the bow back down and give you the control you need? Do you ever run WOT and not use your tabs?

I thought a four blade prop lifts the stern and brings the bow down,
Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tabs were a must with the Hydro. Boatnt is right normally you will see lift at the stern with a 4 blade. However with the Hydro not so much as it has less cupping than the Bravo and Mirage props. What it seemed to do was allow me to trim the boat out more, but thats also why the tabs were needed. Prior I never really used the tabs as the boat planned very well and if the tabs were used on the top end , I'd loose a few mph.
The Hydro was just a different animal. I will say last season was very short due to such lousy weather so I never was able to test the prop in the perfect conditions which would be a 1-2' chop. Seems to me when I did my testing is was dead calm which as we all no is not the best for the PQ's.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Oops...My mistake. I had bow lift and stern lift confused.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PQ Baby, I would 'HIGHLY" recommend you get in contact with Fast Forward, everything you want to do to your boat he has already either tried it, or applied it with his. He saved me big money on experimenting and basically helped me not take a direction I was going to go with my boat. He's got a lot of knowledge with what works and what doesn't, and spent some cash finding those things out the hard way.

Good Luck, you have a great boat
Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bert4332
PQ Baby, I would 'HIGHLY" recommend you get in contact with Fast Forward, everything you want to do to your boat he has already either tried it, or applied it with his. He saved me big money on experimenting and basically helped me not take a direction I was going to go with my boat. He's got a lot of knowledge with what works and what doesn't, and spent some cash finding those things out the hard way.

Good Luck, you have a great boat
Thanks! You are right and I trust his results.
My only decision is do I buy tabs? Right now my boat doesnt need them but if I go with a 4 blade prop Im going to have to put some on. Im on a budget (especially after paying $1350 for my new graphics) and considering I would need to buy the new prop plus the tabs am looking for some bargains out there.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use mine all the time, I use them instead of having to get on it a lil bit to get on plane, less work on the drive. I haven't swapped my prop yet, I hear ya on the $$$, I just did graphics and upholstery, didn't spend a whole comparative to most, but it's still alot in today's world. I like my tabs, not crazy about the insta-trims I have, I'm actually getting quotes to fabricate some new ones.