Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Searching for my first boat!!!!! >

Searching for my first boat!!!!!

Notices

Searching for my first boat!!!!!

Old 12-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Searching for my first boat!!!!!

Not fun, home with sick boys!

I need to get you some green backs........ $500??? I can't remember what we came up with.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wally you need to register I did it last night it's only $40.00. I am leaving to go to G.R. in about 30 min. I'll get with you later when I get back on that money stuff. Hope the boys are feeling better.

P.S. how many cheeseburgers do you want?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Registered

Pwrquest, Where is Clinton IL?

It's funny how we all want to brag about PQ! Deep down we could care less what anyone else buys, and if the truth be told we would all want to be the only PQ on the water! Lets agree not to tell anyone anymore how well built the PQ is. Lets agree not to tell anyone that the factory is very helpful. Lets agree not to speak the truth about how we think the PQ is better than a Baja.

KM,
I recommend the Active Thunder or the Sunsation or the......

I also recommend, if you are new to boating, to learn from others, learn patience, learn the rules, learn the etiquette, be respectful, be responsible, buy small at first and if you choose not to heed my advice, for gods sake don't buy a PQ.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered

I agree with southbound!!! Although PWRQWST is probably ticked I joined the PQ family....... I will say a fellow clinton boater bought a 32 sunsation this year and it is a sweet boat. I haven't got a ride in it yet but it has gotten good reviews and the owner can't keep a smile off of his face....... If I recall the president of the company personally called him to ensure he was satisfied with the boat.......

BTW - Clinton is central Illinois on 51, about 10 miles past BFE.......
Old 12-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Registered

CB,

Is your water nice enough in Clinton to trailer from Spring Valley (on I-80)? Any camping in the area?
Old 12-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Southbound35 by chance are you the owner of a 2003 29' w/6.2 that I might have meet on the Illinois river this last summer? Clinton is right in the middle of the state 25 miles south of Bloomington on 51. The lake is just east of town off of rt 10 or rt 54 it sites in between the two. The lake is 5000 acres of water but since 9/11/01 it has been shrunk to about 3000 boatable. Hey just let me or cbgenrl know and we will get you down correctly.

Wally is correct a good friend of ours bought a 04 32 sunsation and he is happy as hell with it. There good boats also I can't say anything bad about them at all.

By the way you are correct it is nice to be the on PQ on the lake, I had that for about 5 years and then a guy that I now know came to Clinton lake in an older style PQ and of course I had to get to know him. If I meet you on the river that day the older PQ belongs to Jim. Wally was the guy with me on that run that looked at your's (maybe). Now that I have bragged so much about these boats there is ANOTHER ONE THERE...
Thats ok it is kind of cool though.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Southbound35
by the way there is a huge camp ground on the lake called mascuttin stae park I think I spelled correctly.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

The one nice thing about Clinton Lake is you probably won't burn much gas. But you will have a great time in Houseboat cove.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Registered

Here is a pic of the clinton lake party cove that mental referred too.... Its not always this good but I have cashed many a cocktail in that water.........

Rich, your old 29 is in here, Rob your in here too. I keep this as my screen saver at work to get me through...

I think this is the first weekend Scott had his 32 sunsation in the water (6/5?).........
Attached Thumbnails Searching for my first boat!!!!!-osoimg_0518.jpg  
Old 12-14-2004, 06:24 PM

Clinton Lake is worth the drive just for the boating company. Currently the lake has a good group of regulars. Nice photo, that Checkmate needs a scoop and something under the engine hatch that requires more air. Need to keep up with all the twins.

Quick Reply: Searching for my first boat!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.