QIV-X Question >

QIV-X Question

Notices

QIV-X Question

Old 06-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default QIV-X Question

Hey everyone I have some questions for you. What are all your experiences with the Hydro QIV-X? I have a 27 Advantage with a Teague 800efi. For those of you that don't know, this is a single step hull (very small step) pad bottom boat designed in 1991 (its a little out of date). So far the best speed is 85 at about 5600rpm with a Labbed 26P Bravo I and 1.35 gears. I've run 1.35s and 1.50s and Labbed Bravos and Rev 4s. The Rev 4 was nice but in any type of boat wake or rough water it caused some bad chinewalking. So now I'm looking at maybe checking out a Hydro QIV-X. Anyone tried one on something similar? How does it compare to the Labbed Bravos?
Thanks
-Tom
Old 06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im running the X on a 21 scarab don't know if i will be much help. The QIV-X will be faster than the bravo on top end but the bravo will give you better cruise i may be wrong. Does your boat have natural bow lift? If so maybe try a QIV which is more of a stern lifting prop.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you try one, you will most likely need to drop down to a 24 or 25, because the Hydro is a little stiffer than a Bravo.

A 26 Bravo to 26 Hydro QIV-X, the Hydro will be faster at cruise and at top end (if you can spin it). On my straight V, I get between 8% & 10% slip. I also run it on my Allison, and the slip rate drops to around 5%.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ziemer
If you try one, you will most likely need to drop down to a 24 or 25, because the Hydro is a little stiffer than a Bravo.

A 26 Bravo to 26 Hydro QIV-X, the Hydro will be faster at cruise and at top end (if you can spin it). On my straight V, I get between 8% & 10% slip. I also run it on my Allison, and the slip rate drops to around 5%.
I thought the bravo had a better cruise than the Hydro. guess i was wrong. I do like the fact that my slip is only 4% on my scarab.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys. I've heard that the QIV-X has the same kind of lift characteristics as a Bravo I but is usually a little faster. No this boat does not have much natural bow lift so a stern lifting prop won't work at all. I tried a Hydro P5-X which is supposed to be bowlifting but it picked up the back of the boat big time and ran horribly. Now all I need to do is find someone that has a QIV-X that I can borrow, they seem to be scarce.
Thanks
-Tom
Old 06-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Good info!

I am in the same boat sort of (pardon the pun). I am looking for the same thing you are just in a different size. I have twin outboards, no steps but on the same path as you it sounds like.

I have tried:

27 Mirage +
26 B1
26 B1 labbed
25 QIV-X
24 B1
How did the B1 labbed work for you?