Prop for 26 checkmate ZT?? >

Prop for 26 checkmate ZT??

Notices

Prop for 26 checkmate ZT??

Old 11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop for 26 checkmate ZT??

my 03 26 ZT isnt doing what i think it should.
i think it has somthing to do with the prop, its a 4 blade but im still over reving the boat, it goes faster and faster then she starts hitting the rev limiter and slows right down.
from pics i have its almost like 2 much boat is in the water.
what do you guys think?
whats my best option here?

i hate to bring it up because i know everyone loves bblades, but a good frind of mine got a prop for his baja from bblades and it was out of balance and gaind nothing on gps or seat of the pants feel, or ride quality, he took it to a local shop, they rebalanced it, fixed the cups that bblades modded and repolished it. put it back on the boat to see 2 mph, about 2 second faster plaining and more bow lift.

the local place is only for repairs, they do not lab finish or anything.
any idea on this? thanks

heres a couple pics of the boat under way. not 100% sure if these pics are trimmed out at all, fully, or none. but this is it.

ps, we took this same prop, put it on my buddies 25 outlaw, with his stock 3 blade he ran 61.xmph on gps and planes out slow. we put the 4 blade on from my boat and it planed out in 1/2 the time, and ran 62.x mph his fixed it was near 2 mph because the 61.x was low and the 62.x was on the high side.
then from that he went to 63.7 or so with the repaired bblade. once the cooler weather set in he got 65 out of the boat but we didnt re test the prop.
i didnt get a chance to try his prop however, that what i wanted to do and go from there but i was hoping some one might know the fix right off the top
Old 11-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

If there was a issue with a propeller from us, I wish we would have had the ability to check the prop here rather than taking it elsewhere. Occasionaly a propeller may need a slight additional adjustment from the original recipe we used per the information we were supplied by the owner. It is extremely rare for any propeller to leave our shop out of balance. However, if a mistake was made, we will of course make the adjustments at no additional cost.

I can tell you, your Checkmate preferes bow lift just like the Baja hulls. If you are hitting the rev limiter you need to go up in pitch.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
If there was a issue with a propeller from us, I wish we would have had the ability to check the prop here rather than taking it elsewhere. Occasionaly a propeller may need a slight additional adjustment from the original recipe we used per the information we were supplied by the owner. It is extremely rare for any propeller to leave our shop out of balance. However, if a mistake was made, we will of course make the adjustments at no additional cost.

I can tell you, your Checkmate preferes bow lift just like the Baja hulls. If you are hitting the rev limiter you need to go up in pitch.
i know you soke to him and offered to fix it, problem is he paid over night shipping, would have had to pay shipping back and forth and i guess it was going to be 2-3 weeks. that said here in mass we get 2-3 weeks of great boating other then that its a crap shoot. he needed it fixed right away so he didnt loose his season.

as for my boat, id love to go threw you guys as i have heard good stuff out side of my buddys issue.
i dont care for the 3 blade however. i always have a boat full of people, and love the way the 4 blade plans and rides better.
any info? whats the cost of the right set up for me?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

Custom Bravo 1 propellers can range from $733 to $912.

We would need to discuss the current performance and determine the correct path.

The pictures you have supplied show the boat not far from the attitude a 26ZT will attain. A small amount of stern planting and bow rise is all you need.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Registered

with the stock 375 hp 496 what kind of gains would you think?

the boat runs 60 mph a best ever of 60.3 but what happens is the boat keeps going faster and faster as i trim it out, but then it hits the limiter and its stuck at 60
Old 11-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what pitch are you running ??? need to go up simple...stay with the bravo 1 they work well, and yes you have way to much boat in the water...Rob
Old 11-28-2008, 01:26 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Same answers as before. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...eds-off-2.html

You need a prop that is not hitting the rev limiter, so you can actually trim the boat out.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

bblades, not sure if you have a prop or 2 to test with for my boat, but i would be interested in testing them as some one said i could for like 25 or 50 bucks a piece, i would keep it if it worked good and just pay it in full or what not.
thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile

We do have the full line of Mercury Propellers for testing.

We charge $25 and allow you 2 weeks for testing which includes the shipping time.

There are no strings attached.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
We do have the full line of Mercury Propellers for testing.

We charge $25 and allow you 2 weeks for testing which includes the shipping time.

There are no strings attached.
ok, well once i get the boat out of storage for winter and im ready to drop it in the water i will hit you up a couple weeks befor hand to be sure you have one or 2 props you think i should test. i will do it to it and see what happens.
im really leaning towards sticking with a 4 blade, i love the fast planing, and the way the boat handles. id rather give up the 1 mph

Quick Reply: Prop for 26 checkmate ZT??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.