26' wellcraft nova prop,perf question

Old 02-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26' wellcraft nova prop,perf question

23p mirage on 26' nova 330h 7.2 any ideas,
46mph @ 4200 rpm used to get close to 50 at 4500
i changed from stock dist to msd pro billet couple years ago
and happy with improvement, just got the 6m-2 to go with it and was wondering what options i have with props. the drop inperf was not due to the msd swap that happened well after.
also not going to get into heads,intake,carb,exh,and cam changes chasing mph, just want to know i'm gettin what i should with what i got
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wellcraftBB
23p mirage on 26' nova 330h 7.2 any ideas,
46mph @ 4200 rpm used to get close to 50 at 4500
i changed from stock dist to msd pro billet couple years ago
and happy with improvement, just got the 6m-2 to go with it and was wondering what options i have with props. the drop inperf was not due to the msd swap that happened well after.
Someone will surely ask so I might as well...
Is that GPS or standard gauge speed?
When you swapped dist's did you change the coil and leads too? You're not running solid core leads are you? Is your engine maxed out at 4200rpm or is that all it can do under load at speed? What plugs are you runnning and what temp range are they? The 6M-2 will make a big diff I think.
I highly doubt the dist caused the drop but your advance curve may have been affected, what are your spring settings in your dist if they're still in there?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Registered

Sorry! In an effort to be brief i was just very unclear. Will try to do better, I used new msd wires and blaster coil along with dist.(even though I've read allot of neg. opinions about msd on these boards I am very happy with results I got, much smoother, starts instantly) with the lightest adv. springs motor wound up fast, ran good but I was a little more comfortable with next steepest adv setup.
I'm just using gauges, need to use gps but trying to attack the weakest links first, will put in ignition then do somthing with carb (q-jet) rebuild or replace.
Again sorry, hard to help without specific ques. so here it is.
Iwas reading all threads about diff props and started wondering if my 26'82 nova II with 330 hp,trs could benefit from going to 4-blade or whatever
I should have waited till after I made the small changes to start asking ques. or atleast till I got boat out of storage its been 20 degrees for 6mo it seems in oh.