25p Rev 4, I like it!!!

Notices

25p Rev 4, I like it!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toffen
Hi,

The prop was balanced and had extra cup added so it can be surfaced higher. Unfortunately I bought the prop second hand so I have no figures before and after. However, I cut down the exhaust tube with 30 mm last spring - and that translated to 1.5 mph higher speed. Much more bowlift.

Very good prop. Testet a stock Bravo one 26 prop. Much less bowlift. Can be surfaced higher (1,5 inch) before breaking over, but got substantial less speed. 76 mph vs 81 mph.

Cheeers, Toffen
Is it for sale?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCIG
Do these have removable hubs. Can I put my XR hubs in them? Do you have Pics?

Thanks
Mark
Mark, Id certainly try a 25p rev 4 on your boat. My 402 Formula and 40 Excalibur Loved them.

I used to run labbed 26 Maximus 5 blades on the Formula. I tried 25p rev 4's. I don't recall the difference in cruise speed, but, at top speed I noticed

The Rev 4 the boat ran much more stable. Beat my maximus by about 2-3mph. With the maximus, believe it or not, the Formula would get a loose feeling, with the rev 4's, it was like it was on rails. No bow dancing.

I turned about 5100 with the 26 Maximus, and about 5400 with the rev 4' 25's. The boat actually planed better with the rev 4's. No slippage but less throttle input to get it to lay over. Airmarine used to have the rev props available for demo.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/propell.../revolution-4/