Prop for velocity 260 >

Prop for velocity 260

Notices

Prop for velocity 260

Old 07-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop for velocity 260

I have a velocity 260 that I am thinking about getting a new prop for. Currently running a 27p 15.5 diameter hydro four blade to about 5000 rpm at around 78mph gps at 850ft above sea level in fresh water. I would like to get closer to my 5400 redline and get a few more mph. I have a labbed b1 30p but my slip is very high with this prop, not sure why. I am hesatent to have my hydro labbed as a really like the prop as it is but like I said I would like a few more mph. Anyone have any experience with velocity props?
Old 07-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Registered

Default Prop suggestion and ideas

Originally Posted by rmfriday
I have a velocity 260 that I am thinking about getting a new prop for. Currently running a 27p 15.5 diameter hydro four blade to about 5000 rpm at around 78mph gps at 850ft above sea level in fresh water. I would like to get closer to my 5400 redline and get a few more mph. I have a labbed b1 30p but my slip is very high with this prop, not sure why. I am hesatent to have my hydro labbed as a really like the prop as it is but like I said I would like a few more mph. Anyone have any experience with velocity props?

I bought a spinellie bros prop and it does everything I want for my application. I would give Doug a call at spinellie bros and see what he suggest. I get a lot of slack for mentioning my prop on here but he is the best when it comes to prop building in the world. Do alittle research on his company and form your own opinion. Or shoot me an email [email protected] or give me a call at 716-366-0922
And we can chat. If you want the best for your boat give him a call. I wanted the best for my boat and found the best with money being no object. I wanted the best for my boat and found it at spinellie bros.

Jj

Ps I am sure. I Will, get slack for this but I am giving you, good advice on here, research the company and other company's and find the best for, your application, maybe bblades or hydromotive would be better for you application, but a prop can do many things for your boat, adjusting the prop can change the dynamics of you boat performance in many ways, so if you want the best for your boat and we all do, give dough at spinellie bros a call and see what he has to offer you, and compare your results with hydromotive, and bblades,

And then form your own opinion it is your money and your boat, on here we all have opinion like, we, have *******s, we all got, one, but do some research and don't stop at the first answer you get. And form your own opinion. I am very happy with the spinellie bros prop on my boat, and I have supercharged engine, so do some research and find what is best for you

Jj
Old 07-06-2016, 04:32 AM
Registered

I have a friend with a velocity , you may want to contact him.

Call me and I can give you his email address. Or phone number.

Jj
Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

Before you call anyone I would post this the Velocity section. You should get the help you need.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

rmfriday,

There has been many different props on Velocity's over the years. SS tends to jump into the slack with the best opportunity. (Did I say that). Sriously, Steve builds great boats. When I was at Mercury Racing, we had 3 of his 26's for testing OB's.

Your slip % is low with the Quad so Labbing is a option. However, we find these require specific recipes and can be made to run inefficiently if not done proper. Depending on who Labbed your B1 and the recipe used, it can probably be made to run well.
Let me know the backround of the B1 and we can potentially offer some suggestions.

Brett
Old 07-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Registered

Is there any truth to cutting off the diffuser ring will net a couple hundred RMP on a quad 4 ?
Old 07-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there any truth to cutting off the diffuser ring will net a couple hundred RMP on a quad 4 ?
You might see 100 rpm gain. But most likely it will be less.
It is a good idea though since even 50 rpm and a reduction in stern lift can be advantageous for your hull.

Brett