87 nova interior >

87 nova interior

Notices

87 nova interior

Old 10-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 nova interior

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post I didn't see a forum for welcraft or novas but I know the novas and scarab are similar. Over the summer I bought a 87 nova23xl. This is a big block boat with a 454 and was upgraded to a bravo 1 in 2007. Searching around for parts I have come up with there are not a lot but do have the opportunity on 2 parts boats 1 is pretty much trash but I have some ideas. And another one has a blown engine. The 2 parts boats have the sun deck with a 4 person bench across the back. Where mine has a motor cover with 2 seats on the sides. I like the bench and sun deck more and was wondering if it would swap into my boat considering they have the small blocks and I have the big block.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Registered

I have posted in classifieds but I am looking for a spyder windshield and a cabin dash hatch for a 26' if anyone has any leads on parts boats.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:32 PM
Registered

Yes it will swap without an issue.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

it will swap but is it useable? if it all needs to be redone, its probably easier to look at how it was done and do it from scratch. Boats arent like cars where a parts car has lots of salvageable stuff.. most stuff on a boat you either want to be pretty choosey on the used stuff or just replace it. there is not a whole lot really specific in a boat, gauges are gauges, controls are controls, steering is steering
Old 10-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Registered

Completely agree and the one I got for free was pretty much trash. But I do have a few good spare parts the wind shield,swim platform. But I now have some templates for my interior guy.and I had an alpha gimble housing that fixed a friend's boat. One tough boat took me a few hrs even with a full size skidsteer and a chainsaw but almost fit the whole hull into a pickup. And got a set of boat stands so worked for me. Currently doing motor stringers then off to upholestery.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Registered

Took a 1983 23 nova from Grand Haven to Mackinac Island non stop non refueled. Nice ride. It had the bench seat and sun pad, But it was a 260 merc. But Wellcraft put the BB in and kept the same arrangement. You should double check the measurements though as the sun pad on the 260hp and the bb might have been different. The donor boat should have all the parts and materials and it should make it very easy to figure out. Good Luck the Nova hulls are some of the best riding boats in the entire marine industry.