34 scarab ninja vs 30 panther >

34 scarab ninja vs 30 panther

Notices

34 scarab ninja vs 30 panther

Old 11-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 34 scarab ninja vs 30 panther

I have a 30 scarab panther that I have replaced the transom and engine compartment stringers. I have found that my cockpit stringers were wet and my cockpit floor rotted so I have cut them out.
however I have come across a 34' scarab ninja that would need about the same work to it maybe more. I have spoken to glassdave about it and would like some other input as well mainly because I am curious if anyone out there has one with decent power extension boxes and bravos which I would just transfer everything from my panther over. my understanding is it only weighs 5100 which does not seem possible other than it is Kevlar. the other thing is it does not have a real rear engine compartment bulk head per say and wondering if it is a flexible flyer. any info, thoughts etc. would be greatly appreciated .
Old 11-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I have an 89 30' Panther that I replaced the transom and stringers to the helm. I modified the gas tank and picked up 12" in the engine compartment as well as improved the balance of the boat. I raised the X dimension by 2", new transom assembly's, full hydraulic steering, K planes, offshore motor mounts, all new rigging,wiring, hoses, gauges, pair of "Mega Blower" supercharged 454 .030, over bunch of good parts pushes the boat to 95+ like a rocket ship!! The boat comes alive at over 80mph, flies level, nothing scary!

Until I can afford a 42 GTX or a 38 ZRC, I'm a happy boater!! http://www.timsharkey.com/blog/2016/...-river-fun-run

Last edited by TomR; 11-06-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The Panther is a great running boat. In the late 70s Reggie heard there was an 80 mph 30 Scarab that belonged to my friend in Houston and brought his 32 executioner to run it. Needless to say the fog rolled in and decided to stay. The run never happened. The ninja is also a neat piece but the weight I would question unless you verified it or that is a blank hull. It should say Kevlar under the transom serial number. A Kevlar composite 31 Viper like mine is 6700# fully rigged. I like flat deck boats
Old 11-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tomr
i have an 89 30' panther that i replaced the transom and stringers to the helm. I modified the gas tank and picked up 12" in the engine compartment as well as improved the balance of the boat. I raised the x dimension by 2", new transom assembly's, full hydraulic steering, k planes, offshore motor mounts, all new rigging,wiring, hoses, gauges, pair of "mega blower" supercharged 454 .030, over bunch of good parts pushes the boat to 95+ like a rocket ship!! The boat comes alive at over 80mph, flies level, nothing scary!

Until i can afford a 42 gtx or a 38 zrc, i'm a happy boater!! http://www.timsharkey.com/blog/2016/...-river-fun-run

could you possibly email me or text me pics of what you did to the engine compartment? I have already done transom and stringers in the engine compartment.. I have imco extension boxes and raised exdimension. It was running 87mph. I am going to put mine back together for now because i do not have any room for 2 project boats. I do want to change a few things