AT & Chief ???? >

AT & Chief ????

Notices

AT & Chief ????

Old 02-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AT & Chief ????

I have read alot of stuff on different sites and also Chiefs site and they are now merged with AT, does this mean that the AT logo will not be on anymore boats? Looks that way to me.
I guess time will tell......
Old 02-11-2005, 07:17 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AT & Chief ????

I'm interested in buying the blue one with the lighting on the sides, on the chief web site.Thats one of the best looking boats i've seen in awhile.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
I'm interested in buying the blue one with the lighting on the sides, on the chief web site.Thats one of the best looking boats i've seen in awhile.
LOL - I can't quite make out the logo on that boat - anyone have a close-up shot?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:18 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dockrocker
LOL - I can't quite make out the logo on that boat - anyone have a close-up shot?
Hey Dockrocker it's a A/T logo on it and i do have a close up of it but its still in the paint shop getting a few things done to it.Should be finished today and i'll post a updated pic next week.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Hey Dockrocker it's a A/T logo on it and i do have a close up of it but its still in the paint shop getting a few things done to it.Should be finished today and i'll post a updated pic next week.
I know, just joking. Maybe you get a Chief logo made and you'll have the first 37 Chief?

Beautiful boat, BTW. Always thought the 37 AT (and the 32 for that matter) was one of the nicest looking rides on the water.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:57 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dockrocker
I know, just joking. Maybe you get a Chief logo made and you'll have the first 37 Chief?

Beautiful boat, BTW. Always thought the 37 AT (and the 32 for that matter) was one of the nicest looking rides on the water.
But would that make it a INBREED.LOL
Old 02-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered

But would that make it a INBREED.LOL

Well, you *are* from Virginnie

"Is that one uh them Ceeegar boats, boy?"
Attached Thumbnails AT & Chief ????-hillbilly.jpg  
Old 02-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

I guess it's time for Pat to inform us of this Active Thunder/Chief marriage before all kinds of rumors start spreading. I don't think we want the Active Thunder threads to start looking like the controversial "Apache" threads!!!! Just my 2 cents worth.......
Old 02-12-2005, 05:48 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
I guess it's time for Pat to inform us of this Active Thunder/Chief marriage before all kinds of rumors start spreading. I don't think we want the Active Thunder threads to start looking like the controversial "Apache" threads!!!! Just my 2 cents worth.......
I would have to agree with you.I think will when he has time to do so.Pat has done everything he has said he would do for me so far so i'm not worried.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Registered

Hang in there Mr. 'No-vette' salesman. I will let you know when I'm good and ready.

So you want to stop by Monday and see the 42 in person? They are supposed to be delivering it to my house tonight and I just can't wait!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Old 02-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

i hope not or ill sell the audacity, just when i was ready to order a new 37
Old 02-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Registered

Rick,

So would you really sell Audacity and not buy a new 37 if the boat's name changed even if it came from my molds and I built them? Just curious as to what the GP perceives.

Pat.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ATPatrick
Rick,

So would you really sell Audacity and not buy a new 37 if the boat's name changed even if it came from my molds and I built them? Just curious as to what the GP perceives.

Pat.
Depends on what it is going to do to the price. From all appearances, Chief does not exactly see Baja as the main competition (not that AT did either). I've not actively shopped them, but I'm guessing a 37 AT comes in substantially below, say, a comparably equipped TS TG. Will that remain true now that it is a "Chief" and has the association with one of the biggest names in the industry?
Old 02-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Registered

wow iam the gp and iam confused. pat you took me and my wife for a ride in a 37 at a few years back and i fell in love with the boat. radioactive was being built at the time and i still have not seen a new cabin complete in person but the pictures are unbelievable. i have also ridden in a bobby s. 36 apache and what a solid brute, but not nearly as nice of a layout which is very important for my wife and i.
living in michigan with the 3 month season (maybe) that we have i have a hard time justify plunking the money down to by new (even though i would love to). so the two boats that i want (when the 36 outlaw is gone) is either a 37 at with new cabin or a bobby s. 36 warrior. my problem is i look at them as black and white, vette and volvo, and now the two companies are one?? i believe both are some of the best built boats out there, rigged very professional that is why i want either one. but i think the main people are very different in what they built, both high quality but different. i guess i am most confused as to why chief would want at?? with the chief name and head dress they are obviously trying to link with the apache name and heritage which is fine, but isnt apache old school? at is seems like the polar opposite. i wonder what the apache fans will think of a ddc bottom urethane chief?

i am sooo confused, i have just read my response and it dosnt even make sense to me.

to answer your question though, yes i would still buy a new 37 built buy you in your plant to your specks i just wish it had a active thunder label on it and not another indian head. are the warranties still going to be the same? where will the be built? who do i now talk to if want to run numbers? i will have a different boat by summer of 2006 i wish it would be a at but chief may have to do.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered

All I know is that it would not matter if I had Mickey Mouse on the side of my boat, There is still NO!!!! comparison to the ride and speed uptained by the 37AT/Chief. Pats designs are one of the best and can only get better, more brillant minds working together to produce bad a$$ boats. Can not wait to see a Rigged finshed product by AT team. If everyone would look back at some of the original AT's before the new cabin, it was pretty plain. Pat & Diane worked very hard and listened to what the public wanted, do you really think that he has built his company up for failure (dont think so).
I am optimistic about the change, nobody likes change, but if you had to merge what better company could you get.
The paint work is just an option, get what you want.
Pat has alot on his shoulders at times and this may free some of his duties up, and more time for what really matters building boats.

James, 37 Active Thunder, "Hyperactive"
Old 02-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Registered

i agree with you, but when i look at the merger of the two companies i see one bringing high profile names a headdress and one incomplete boat. then the other is bringing tried and refined boats that have and will continue to perform. i am not saying in anyway saying that the new 42 is not going to perform.
it would make more sense to me if the new company was called active thunder though i think they are bringing more product to the table.
i also think that the new chief website should give more credit to pat in the staff section as well. the others have very distinguished careers and this i hope will be one more big feather in there cap, but again imho pat has spent a ton of time and iam sure money in bringing some of the best built and designed boats to this new company.
I also agree hopefully this will free up pat to do what really matters building boats, i just hope that he does not fade out.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Another very good point!!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We agree on the point about Info on Pat

See Pat, I told you we needed more of a right up on you now get on it so we can add more content to the site about the infamous PAT
Old 02-13-2005, 11:28 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If you ask me.....Chief/Active Thunder.....Active Thunder/Chief......1 Bad Azz Combination!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered

pat when i sell the audacity i will buy a new 37, i love the boat
or a 42 just not big on change but if the product stays the same im a thunder man for life. hope all goes well and frees up some time for you time is preshious and more boating time is priceless.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

I would just like any details of where AT is headed, Has AT been sold? Whats Pats involvement? Is he still the owner?
Just would like to know??

Why cant the boats be built under both names and let the customer deciede if they want an AT logo or Chief.

Car manufactures do this all the time, Honda & Isuzu, Toyota & Chevy , Chrysler & Mistsubishi, and so on.......

Do hate to see the AT logo go away.

Not to crazy, about the Indian paint schemes looks like an Apache, need some thing more orginal.
Just me

Last edited by excursion; 02-14-2005 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Registered

i agree with james the name active thunder should stay

and the indian paint schemes are silly thats my o2
Old 02-14-2005, 07:27 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Not a huge fan of the Indian heads all over but...to each his own. I'm seeing it this way....some boats will have the Chief hulls and some boats will have the AT hulls. Depending on what size you want. Maybe I'm wrong....(I have been in the past)!! All in All it's Change and you can't stop it......I like the old Active Thunder emblem that came on my boat....but I came to like the oval emblem and was willing to change, then the wife found a vinyl place that can make us replacements so I'm stickin' witth the old style.....for now!!

James, I found and old picture of your boat at the AT factory when I was down in '01-'02? I'll scan it and send it to ya!!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered

I agree with James, the Active Thunder Name and Logo should stay or be an option. A friend of mine just received literature on the new McManus Line of boats and the 42 Chief looks almost Identical to the APACHE????

Just my .02 cents
Old 02-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered

I hear that my boat's down at Pat's shop. From reading this thread I can see how loyal Pat's customers are. This is a testimonial to the quality of boats he creates and how well he takes care of his customers. I can't wait to see what he's going to do to my 42.

From a purely business standpoint, the merging of the two entities makes total sense. (to me at least)

Both companies are strategically and fundamentally aligned into building safe rough water boats.

One company builds great rough water boats in the 28-37 foot range but has no options for a larger boat. The other company builds a 42' and soon to be a 47' but offers its customers nothing smaller.

In most cases, its cheaper to acquire or partner with a company that already does what you're trying to accomplish than to develop and build it yourself. SBC acquiring AT&T is an example of that.

So, in my mind, this makes total sense. By combining, they can offer a complete line of offshore boats not to mention build off of their combined experience.

There's no doubt, (my opinion again), that Bobby will add constructive ideas to the 28/32/37 and that Pat will do the same for the 42 and 47 making the whole Chief line better. Good for the consumer, good for the company, good for boaters overall.

Mike
Old 02-14-2005, 05:12 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Pappo, You have a sweet boat being built for you.....I'm jealous.....I may stop in an take a look at it!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Registered

I understand what you are doing from a business point, but why get rid of the Active Thunder name all together?
It is a shame that it finally gets some recogonition and now the AT name is history. WHY????? Chief has been around alot fewer years and does not have a true customer basis but thats the new name?? Please explain.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Registered

Guy's,
Big isn't always better believe me a lot of good is lost when companies merge together for the most part. Everyone becomes a number unlike the way that Pat has run his business to date.
I personally like the Active Thunder name and what it stands for over the Chief name, not that Chief is a bad boat. Active Thunder sounds like it has testosterone and as mentioned before is finally getting the attention that it deserves.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Ive been very quiet and decifering the information that past 4 months. In all, I think this merger is great for the New co. (CHIEF) and as well as for Active Thunder. Pat does have a loyal following, and builds one hell of a good looking and running boat for the dollar. I was pleased with Radio Active. This will put him the larger spectrum with the 42 and 47. Pat has always liked the offshore old school look, which the Chief has. Bobby has been around for a while, he doesnt need to work, but does for the passion of what he loves to do, build some of the finest power boats made today. I also feel Bobby will add some refinement over time to Active Thunders 28, 33, and 37's, which will help resale over the long hall. Bottom line when you put a bunch of top quality guys together, and have a properly funded boat co. only good things can happen. Good luck Gentlemen.

Pappo, your boat looks awesome, post some speeds when you break her in. Jeff
Old 02-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I agree with Jassman (post #30). I believe with the merger things will only get better. Chief may be new, but Bobby Seccenti isn't!!! I believe with Bobby Seccenti (spelling?) in there that the boats are only going to be better built structure wise i.e. lamination schedules, finish work, etc.---not that they weren't before, but I think with Bobby S in there it will only re-enforce, and bolster everything to a higher standard, and level.

Congrats to Pat and A/T and the Chief crew.

Quick Reply: AT & Chief ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.