Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
My son Will >

My son Will

Notices

My son Will

Old 07-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Mike! I have been relaying messages and photos from everyone to him and it has really helped when guys like you share life after a SCI. I just shared photos from a fellow with a SCI who drives his Donzi they have a portable Davit to get him in the boat at the boat ramp. Will said cool and it put a smile on his face.

God Bless

Sam
Old 08-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Sam Will is still in our thoughts and prayers, hows he doing.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lake rat Skater
Hey Sam Will is still in our thoughts and prayers, hows he doing.
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

We are at Shepard center in Atlanta. He is getting stronger and lung function improves slowly. Trach should come out soon the other stuff bowel and bladder program are going very good and he is eating like a horse again. We feel blessed to have him talking again.

We are in OT PT and all sorts of thearpy to maintain his muscles until we see how he heals. We have no big movement yet but a few muscles in hsi left arm have a bit of contraction but not enough to it move yet. We are praying that it will move so we can operate his chair by hand control instead of the sip and puff control. It does not work well on teenagers full of spit!

He received shirts and DVDs from some fellow boaters and several folks are sending videos which always produce a big smile. I put a photo of him driving our old 28 full of girls in his room to keep him focused and motivated.

We have a Caring Bridge page which my 16 yo daughter keeps you up on his progress. Go there she is doing an awesome job.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/willjirik
Old 08-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Great news we will continue praying for you and your family!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hay Sam sounds like progress that's great just remember what I said one day at a time keep the faith buddy he's a fighter
Old 08-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Registered

Jim. Thanks. We had a positive medical consult in so much as there were no absolute negatives. Will moved his knees together and can contract a few muscles on his left arm. There is hope and time will tell. We are very blessed.

You guys have fun and be safe at the Shootout. We will be waiting on your videos hopefully they will stream it live.

Sam

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505971[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails My son Will-image.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Amazing news!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news. Prayers continue. You guys will be missed at the Shootout and the party.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

Thanks we were looking forward to bringing the new 338 to the 25th anniversary Shootout. I did my first run in '88 or '89. Too many years to remember exactly but if you ran 100 you were top gun!.

Life throws you a curve ball sometimes. Will continues to improve. He move the thumb on his left hand yesterday. This is huge as it below the level of his injury. We appreciate all your prayers and support.

You guys have fun be safe and most importantly post pictures nd videos! We are living vicariously thru you this year!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506193[/ATTACH]

Arkansas Senator Eddie Joe Williams, Senator Will Jirik ( Rhodes College) and Kim

We plan to be there next year!

Sam and Will
Attached Thumbnails My son Will-image.jpg   My son Will-image.jpg  

Last edited by skate; 08-13-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May God bless WIll......

DARREN US1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.