Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Tanks Skater... >

Tanks Skater...

Notices

Tanks Skater...

Old 03-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. Your diagram shows drilled and taped into the exit water side of the exhaust plate. Wouldn't you want it on the inlet water in the exhaust plate?
Just curious.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Onetime
Interesting. Your diagram shows drilled and taped into the exit water side of the exhaust plate. Wouldn't you want it on the inlet water in the exhaust plate?
Just curious.
Good question! My speculation is that it is adding back pressure to the water jacket system to provide increased water pressure?? All I know is that it really works well. I thought about the physics of it and would add that it works just opposite the popit valve that relieves pressure at high RPM.

Last edited by Taboma; 03-05-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Taboma
Kirk, Are you seeing differential water pressures from port to starboard engines while in high speed turns (loosing water pressure)? I was getting temp. alarms while in sharp turns at my "skinny" lake. I added a water balancing hose connecting the engines thru the adaptor plates and now have very close to equal water pressure in both! Just wondering has you experience.
We ran the Scream and Fly Spring Thaw today. Suwannee River, 36 miles each way. LOTS of logs, sticks in the water. Height is at 2", pressure at 90 and up is 15-16 psi. Yes the inside engine psi falls off on the turns but I do not get any alarms, nor does the temp rise.

Passed a lot of Yamahahas and E tecs today
Attached Thumbnails Tanks Skater...-image.jpg  

Last edited by Zero Patience; 03-05-2016 at 07:41 PM.