[ATTACH=CONFIG]551415[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by Taboma
What size do you think are appropriate?
Attached Thumbnails Tanks Skater...-image.png  
Old 03-04-2016, 05:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I ran mine 102 miles Monday, water pressure was 10-13 before the small ramps, now it is 30 plus psi. We ran 46miles to the destination in 31 minutes, thru a lot of turns, then into a big lake. I raised the engines up more now for the next run on Saturday on the Suwannee river, with the Scream and Fly guys, the Spring Thaw. There is a lot of turns on the Suwannee River also.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
I ran mine 102 miles Monday, water pressure was 10-13 before the small ramps, now it is 30 plus psi. We ran 46miles to the destination in 31 minutes, thru a lot of turns, then into a big lake. I raised the engines up more now for the next run on Saturday on the Suwannee river, with the Scream and Fly guys, the Spring Thaw. There is a lot of turns on the Suwannee River also.
Kirk, Are you seeing differential water pressures from port to starboard engines while in high speed turns (loosing water pressure)? I was getting temp. alarms while in sharp turns at my "skinny" lake. I added a water balancing hose connecting the engines thru the adaptor plates and now have very close to equal water pressure in both! Just wondering has you experience.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious how you ran the balancing hose, any pic's?
Old 03-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mlb75
Curious how you ran the balancing hose, any pic's?
I drilled and tapped the Adaptor Plate with 1/2" NTP to JIC barbed fittings (-10) and ran the hose thru the rigging tubes to each engine. [ATTACH=CONFIG]551793[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Tanks Skater...-adaptor-plate.jpg  

Last edited by Taboma; 03-04-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks

Originally Posted by Taboma
Kirk, Are you seeing differential water pressures from port to starboard engines while in high speed turns (loosing water pressure)? I was getting temp. alarms while in sharp turns at my "skinny" lake. I added a water balancing hose connecting the engines thru the adaptor plates and now have very close to equal water pressure in both! Just wondering has you experience.
My X's are already plumbed for this balancing hose as the 32 had thru-hull pick-ups. I thought it was a good idea to keep them for pressure balancing but It was recommended to me by a pro that I should keep the two cooling systems isolated from one another.

I assume if you have the two exhaust adapter plates connected there must be a check valve (one way) in line somewhere on each motor, otherwise if one motor were running it would be dumping pressure in to the non running motor. But then a check valve would cancel out the ability for the two to balance.

I really like the balancing idea for obvious reasons, I guess someone just needs to explain how to make it all work.

Last edited by Flightplan; 03-04-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered

FP, No check valve. I don't usually run on one motor unless I broke something, then it is "idle time". At idle and up to 1800RMP, I have had no pressure issues on one motor. That said, I can now make 80+ MPH turns w/o watching my temps climb and hearing that damn alarm! It was also suggested to me by a pro cat racer to add them. So I guess there are different opinions... imagine that!

Last edited by Taboma; 03-04-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:25 PM
Registered

OK so pro's con's on doing that and using a slosh tank fed from in hull pickups to feed all motors leaving the lowers alone vs tapping the lowers like DR did?
Old 03-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Registered

I'd really like to add hull pickups to mine so I can get the motors to where I know they ought to be but don't want to tap the lowers if I don't have to...
Old 03-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
My X's are already plumbed for this balancing hose as the 32 had thru-hull pick-ups. I thought it was a good idea to keep them for pressure balancing but It was recommended to me by a pro that I should keep the two cooling systems isolated from one another.

I assume if you have the two exhaust adapter plates connected there must be a check valve (one way) in line somewhere on each motor, otherwise if one motor were running it would be dumping pressure in to the non running motor. But then a check valve would cancel out the ability for the two to balance.

I really like the balancing idea for obvious reasons, I guess someone just needs to explain how to make it all work.

Chris
Check valve will not work. Water has to move both ways as it changes whether your turning right or left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.