Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
28 Windshield choices >

28 Windshield choices

Notices

28 Windshield choices

Old 05-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 32 B classic deck. are you considering making any other windshields?

thanks
Steve
Old 05-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I have 32 B classic deck. are you considering making any other windshields?

thanks
Steve
can make anything wanted,,,,
can give a call john @ miffco
Old 06-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?
Old 06-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Registered

took the mold to a thermo company that I have made them molds in the past for their products
sat over 2 weeks and was told thurs had a priority part order of 500 to do 1st to be another 3 weeks to get to
so been looking to find another that can do small quanities,,,,, more custom orders,,,,not a large corp
Houston is major hub for commercial parts,,,,but not many smaller shops doing custom acrylic and no boat builders here doing specialty screens just simple CC bends
either small guy heating with a heat gun or large corp with major quanity/overhead
my shop used to be 1 of the commercial fiberglass shops making parts for ships,chem plants,drill rigs,barges,ect
so I understand the large corps not wanting to deal with custom low volume as all my orders were 25-500 parts pr order on a time line
im semi retired now not running comm parts any more ,,,,,so have more time for these boat restorations and specialty /custom parts,,,,,
just gotta keep following leads till find the right shop can do it right and not major quanity
as stated hand built the 1rst 1 spent lots of time to make it as why wanting to get em made as a finshed part
either will find another or wait on the thermo corp bud that can do em but inbetween big runs
till then ill keep sending info out to others
so finding the right shop for the acrylic is what I need right now ,,,,
Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnmiffco
took the mold to a thermo company that I have made them molds in the past for their products
sat over 2 weeks and was told thurs had a priority part order of 500 to do 1st to be another 3 weeks to get to
so been looking to find another that can do small quanities,,,,, more custom orders,,,,not a large corp
Houston is major hub for commercial parts,,,,but not many smaller shops doing custom acrylic and no boat builders here doing specialty screens just simple CC bends
either small guy heating with a heat gun or large corp with major quanity/overhead
my shop used to be 1 of the commercial fiberglass shops making parts for ships,chem plants,drill rigs,barges,ect
so I understand the large corps not wanting to deal with custom low volume as all my orders were 25-500 parts pr order on a time line
im semi retired now not running comm parts any more ,,,,,so have more time for these boat restorations and specialty /custom parts,,,,,
just gotta keep following leads till find the right shop can do it right and not major quanity
as stated hand built the 1rst 1 spent lots of time to make it as why wanting to get em made as a finshed part
either will find another or wait on the thermo corp bud that can do em but inbetween big runs
till then ill keep sending info out to others
so finding the right shop for the acrylic is what I need right now ,,,,
Thanks for the update, hopefully you find the right place to do the work.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Registered

yea I will
just takes time to call go show the mold,,,look at their work and go to next
as we know its hard to find a good person in specialty work,,,
the thermo corp will do it and down the line theres no hurry as ill keep 1 on shelf
right now just trying to get 1 to check out as a wrap to see if fits as I want,,and make changes if needed
then can do a run of 2+
goes from a guy with heat guns to large corps,,,,lol
Old 06-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Well................my Lee Aerospace windshield is set to arrive tomorrow, and the custom receiver from Boat Customs will be here next week. Hopefully in the next week or so I will be starting a build thread somewhere (here, S&F, Facebook?) as we will be doing a complete renovation of a '96 28 Skater. Hoping to be completed by the LOTO Shootout.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Well................my Lee Aerospace windshield is set to arrive tomorrow, and the custom receiver from Boat Customs will be here next week. Hopefully in the next week or so I will be starting a build thread somewhere (here, S&F, Facebook?) as we will be doing a complete renovation of a '96 28 Skater. Hoping to be completed by the LOTO Shootout.
Awesome! You will be happy with Boat Customs. Please post a thread here!
Old 06-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Who's gonna be doing the work?
Old 07-13-2017, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Well, things got real this past week! The windshield showed up from Lee Aerospace, and the receiver arrived from Boat Customs. Time to punch in and make it happen! Sometime soon, I will start a build thread with more pics. Our goal is to be at the LOTO Shootout Street Party with the new windshield, interior, custom paint, Seadek, dash, electronics, etc. Pretty much a full makeover.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Windshield choices-img_20170709_120439146.jpg   28 Windshield choices-img_20170709_120232653.jpg   28 Windshield choices-img_20170710_143310132_hdr.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.