Second Impressions.....

Notices

Second Impressions.....

Old 03-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Impressions.....

For all of the kind people who are standing up for Sonic and stating that "they did their best" to get a boat into the show... Just want to point out that I am currently on my second Sonic and has/had every intention of moving onto my third.
As a matter of fact doesn't the new Poker Runs America Sonic Ad look great... it shows a Sonic in the middle of a beautiful launch, awesome!

Oh yea, if you look close enough anyone would notice that the boat used for the photo-shot doesn't have any tabs !

So I can't wait to sit back and hear more kind words about why a manufacturer of a toy that rivals the cost of my children's future college fund (on the way to a PHD) can be displayed (over and over) not completed.

Oh yea, this should be good.....
Old 03-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Second Impressions.....

I don't think 7 months is very long to straighten out a business that has been run into the ground. Anybody that has ever managed a screwed up company will agree to that. I would have expected some finished boats by now though. They look to be on the right track to me. I think they will eventually get there.
$420 for a quality 42 with good power is very reasonable. I'm sure an OL optioned out the same as the sonic would be at far more. Had I the means for either, I would pick the OL. So don't take that as a crack against OL, but value priced they are not.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by preblendracing
I have to agree, I have been following sonics progress since the takeover by csi and also visited the booth in Miami.In a nutshell,disapointed lets face it they have had over 7 months and still have not reached a production level of a custom builder,hey they are supposed to be a production builder!The pictures posted say it all poor finish even for unfinished the only thing nice on the boat was the paint!420k for what? Give them a little time and someone might pay what it is really worth.and by the way 420 will buy you a nice OL.Same sorry story at sonic,just new owners.
420k wont buy anything at OL, it's more like 620k and it will be a demo 42 with same approx. amenities. I like Sonic, use to own a 2000 42, when Jay Ross was still there. The new web site is a definate improvement, along with some dash upgrades, cabin fabric changes and so on. They are trying. When you take over a business, especially this particular business, you have to stand out, or create a niche. I personally hope they come back, gain customer loyalty, and be ready to kick ass at next years show with a complete line of boats.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by preblendracing
I have to agree, I have been following sonics progress since the takeover by csi and also visited the booth in Miami.In a nutshell,disapointed lets face it they have had over 7 months and still have not reached a production level of a custom builder,hey they are supposed to be a production builder!The pictures posted say it all poor finish even for unfinished the only thing nice on the boat was the paint!420k for what? Give them a little time and someone might pay what it is really worth.and by the way 420 will buy you a nice OL.Same sorry story at sonic,just new owners.
I agree $420 will get you an OL if your at the right place at the right time. Cash talks.