Info on buying in Cape Coral

Notices

Info on buying in Cape Coral

Old 02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on buying in Cape Coral

We currently live at LOTO and got down here early last Saturday morning and are down here the whole month of February looking to buy a home.
We have a REA already and have spent the last few days driving around and looking at houses.
I think we've narrowed the area down to East of Chiquita and South of Cape Coral Pkwy, trying to get direct access with no locks or bridges.
We've got three good prospects and was just wanting to know if there's any gotcha we should be worried about;

know about the drywall
the owls
locks and bridges
we're going to get a home inspection
taxes and homeowners insurance
any unpaid assessments

What am I missing, would appreciate any help that would help us stay out of trouble.

We're looking to keep our house at LOTO and go back only for the Summer and make CC our permanent home staying here 8 months out of the year.

Thanks for any suggestions or help, Jim
Old 02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Owls?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
We currently live at LOTO and got down here early last Saturday morning and are down here the whole month of February looking to buy a home.
We have a REA already and have spent the last few days driving around and looking at houses.
I think we've narrowed the area down to East of Chiquita and South of Cape Coral Pkwy, trying to get direct access with no locks or bridges.
We've got three good prospects and was just wanting to know if there's any gotcha we should be worried about;

know about the drywall
the owls
locks and bridges
we're going to get a home inspection
taxes and homeowners insurance
any unpaid assessments

What am I missing, would appreciate any help that would help us stay out of trouble.

We're looking to keep our house at LOTO and go back only for the Summer and make CC our permanent home staying here 8 months out of the year.

Thanks for any suggestions or help, Jim
We just purcahsed a new home on the water in Cape Coral (we closed March 1st). And this is what we learned. Look for a house in CC11,CC12, CC14 (Any Realitor will know this. I would look around Delprado and Country Club. House house we just purchased is off of Everest Ave.

Owls are not that big of deal, just see if they have started making holes, if not then they are not there. Get an inspection, and try to get a house 10ft above sea level that way your insurance will be lower.

Any questions let me know.
Don
239-699-0716
Old 02-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

I had a home there and loved it.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the responces guys, Don, I might give you a shout out over the weekend to talk about the area, definitely looking of a house with direct access and less than 30 minutes out.

Any other info that anyone might have, thanks, Jim
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I just bought my house. Direct access. On plane 25 mins from dock. Just north of midpoint bridge. Southern exposure. Love every minute of it. Also same weekend added a formula 272 sr1. Love the boat more than the house I think. Haha. My whole goal when looking was east of delprado as the run from midpoint to cape coral pkwy is only a few minutes and some better deals on newer homes around mid point. Good luck on your search. If I can be of any help let me know as I have lived and Boated in the area for a year and a half now.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Drywall?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Drywall is the Chinese drywall. Don't know all the specifics of it but it's bad news. Just something to check on before purchase.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

need to watch out for velocity wind zone
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

We live in SW Cape and love it, near Tarpon Point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.