Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
2005 Dominator 525 EFI's IMCO -2" Lowers WHAT PROPS?? >

2005 Dominator 525 EFI's IMCO -2" Lowers WHAT PROPS??

Notices

2005 Dominator 525 EFI's IMCO -2" Lowers WHAT PROPS??

Old 07-30-2017, 01:36 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Right here! This is the first place I would look. BUP knows those 525's inside and out plus you should be able to turn those props at or near 5100k rpm... If anything, try the standard drive depth and take a half inch of pitch off the props (31.5") to get closer tp 5400 if necessary.

BTW, I'm just guessing with your money, call the factory. Talk to Wayne or Joe, they've lived this this many times and kept really good notes.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:28 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I am not a fan of running any marine engine up to the rev limiter - believe it or not - actually its hard on the internal parts including the valve train when constantly hitting the rev limiter

specs on a stock hp 525 I had to search for this just to find something listing specs for the hp 525

gas sterndrive 525 EFI - 525 HP Mercury marine engine 525 EFI - 525 HP mercruiser marine engine texas gas engine Houston Bullock Marine skater fountain eliminator performance boat boating race boat cigarette racing boats welcraft boat scarab powerboa