Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
JBS masters of invivibility >

JBS masters of invivibility

Notices

JBS masters of invivibility

Old 12-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You should be racing because you love the sport and you enjoy doing it.If you are racing to try and get media attention you picked the wrong sport,you should have gone with your millions of dollars and gone to Nascar and then you could be on TV every Sunday.This sport has never been taken seriously because for years and years people have tried to get the racing better and better and when it does someone does not get there own way they boo who and leave and start there own organization and the rebuilding has to start all over again.Take it or leave it,like it or not that is the truth and it seems that it will not change although Smitty and company are trying there best and doing a great job with it I can only hope that it continues.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 AM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jbs

Aqua Banshee-your brilliant-Maybe you should read the threads before making a comment.It has nothing to do with ego.It has alot to do with how the races are reported-I got tons of compliments and high fives-we got "you had the crowd on their feet"-some of the most anticipated racing ever-a top gun award.Then not even a mention that we were even there.I do expect coverage-so do sponsors-its what propells the sport foreward.I will "take my millions" and have some fun with it no matter what I decide-for now my family comes first.Its very easy to spend someone elses money-its very difficult to waste your own.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:42 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Jbs

people do wonder whats wrong with offshore racing and it all has to do with exposure.Its hard enough to keep up with rules and classes changing all the time.Anyway-Im through with this-just voicing my opinion.If Im crying then Im crying-whatever-you could never relate.I plan on doing the best I can and doing whatever I need to-sad that racing isnt on the top of my list.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
Aqua Banshee-your brilliant-Maybe you should read the threads before making a comment.It has nothing to do with ego.It has alot to do with how the races are reported-I got tons of compliments and high fives-we got "you had the crowd on their feet"-some of the most anticipated racing ever-a top gun award.Then not even a mention that we were even there.I do expect coverage-so do sponsors-its what propells the sport foreward.I will "take my millions" and have some fun with it no matter what I decide-for now my family comes first.Its very easy to spend someone elses money-its very difficult to waste your own.
How does it not?????

Let see You go out and buy one of the most expensive boats in the world. Race it twice this year. Two 2nd places, and expect the the the press, and fans to drop to your feet. Yeah whats wrong with offshore.

Now if you WON kw then I see your point, until you WIN this is just crazy ego talking. Just because you spend alot of money does't make you a instant fan favorite.

Do they make a bigger truck. Maybe a bigger face shot on the side of trailer. Could just buy the magazines.

Not about EGO

Maybe I'm wrong, but that how I see it.

Last edited by Aqua Banshee; 12-09-2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

what do you mean ' you could never relate' ? the fans or the media? or do you mean the racers? i do believe that we all bust our butts to get where we are and yes we would all love to have the five page spread you want but they can't fit every single one of us in there. there were a lot of other teams at key west that did win the world title and they weren't in the magazine either. so i'm sorry but its not just your team that doesn't make it in all of the magazines we all have this problem. win a few, that will help with the media!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

What does JBS stand for again? Oh wait, now I remember. Jealous, Bitter, and Second place. Oh no he didnt!

Last edited by SKATERKAT; 12-09-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there were about 45 teams not mentioned, but Harrison Offshore will fix that with our up coming race coverage in the program. Stay tuned. And yes Jeff, if you come to the Harrison Twp race July 24-26 we will mention you so come out and put on a show!

www.harrisonoffshore.com

Racing into the future!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

maybe stupid, but serious question.....
what does JBS actually stand for?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:35 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
I think there were about 45 teams not mentioned, but Harrison Offshore will fix that with our up coming race coverage in the program. Stay tuned. And yes Jeff, if you come to the Harrison Twp race July 24-26 we will mention you so come out and put on a show!

www.harrisonoffshore.com

Racing into the future!

Wahoo,

I am beginning to wonder what you mean by Harrison Offshore will fix..........Hmmmm

JBS,

If you come to Michigan races...I will be there and meet you in person. Looking forward seeing what your truck and boat look like from what I being told it was awesome.

Looking forward to 2009 Season...It gotta be a long winter *shrugs*

Chris
Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
I would have thought if anything all the responses to this thread would be positive, the guy is spending milliions of his own money in a new class... he is basically 33% of the compitition, i for one would think any racer would be on his side, saying sorry for the chitty coverage, and encouraging him on ways to get better coverage.

if you racers really want to know whats wrong with the sport read this thread again

Quick Reply: JBS masters of invivibility

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.