Notices

Hydromotive

Old 05-08-2006, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: Hydromotive

First off...

Pat had a blast with you yesterday!!! Mens day out....Left all my worries at the dock... When all was done, It was like I had a "thorough rinse"
Thank you for touring the river. Though it was tough taking in all the sights an nearly 80 MPH Once we did slow down, it sure was nice!
I didnt get home till 7:30 cause after just 5 min. on Rt 9 the highway was shut down cause of an accident and Lifestar came and airlifted someone out. I didnt care, I had my fun. I just kicked back, Jammed on some tunes and talked boats with some of the stranded motorists...and a couple of hotties . By the time I got home, tucked her away and had dinner, it was relaxing time. Ill post some pix tonite.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Now. for the prop talk. Just myself, 60 gal of fuel, boat fully equiped and had on the CMI Sound Elimination Mufflers. First shot out I ran a B1-30 whick Bblades made into a 29 with a bit more cup. I was turning 5200, speed in the 77's a bit disappointed intop speed, but it may require another tweek.
THen I ran the 25 p5x which throttle up worked to a 25.6p. Definately faster. best speed was 79.0 but still hitting the limiter. Good all around bite and great cruise. I called up Matt @ T-up to discuss options on tweeking it a bit more and today I'm shipping it to him.
Next I tried the Q-IV 29. (Yes FF2 that was Jims prop that he just gave me! What a guy!) I was actually suprised how well it did. The boat had a good attitude. I ran 74 but had to work to get it there by overtrimming to bring up the revs and dropping back down. Taching out at 4800-4900. I bet with a little tweeking this could be a viable prop as well though Im leaning towards the 5blade. As for the Q-IV, Im gonna leave it as is.
Brett @ Bblades has also offered to loan me a Maximus to try, which I will probably take him up on the offer.
And there you have it!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ga sounds like you had some fun this weekend !!!!! I think you will like the 5 blade Merc Maximus, the 29 get superbabi at full rpm 5250 and just before the rev limiter !!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OH-ZONE
Now. for the prop talk. Just myself, 60 gal of fuel, boat fully equiped and had on the CMI Sound Elimination Mufflers. First shot out I ran a B1-30 whick Bblades made into a 29 with a bit more cup. I was turning 5200, speed in the 77's a bit disappointed intop speed, but it may require another tweek.
THen I ran the 25 p5x which throttle up worked to a 25.6p. Definately faster. best speed was 79.0 but still hitting the limiter. Good all around bite and great cruise. I called up Matt @ T-up to discuss options on tweeking it a bit more and today I'm shipping it to him.
Next I tried the Q-IV 29. (Yes FF2 that was Jims prop that he just gave me! What a guy!) I was actually suprised how well it did. The boat had a good attitude. I ran 74 but had to work to get it there by overtrimming to bring up the revs and dropping back down. Taching out at 4800-4900. I bet with a little tweeking this could be a viable prop as well though Im leaning towards the 5blade. As for the Q-IV, Im gonna leave it as is.
Brett @ Bblades has also offered to loan me a Maximus to try, which I will probably take him up on the offer.
And there you have it!!!

Gary,
Any way I can demo your Hydromotive? Possibility I may want to buy it if you want to sell.
Tom
Old 05-08-2006, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tom Check your mail.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OH-ZONE
First off...

Pat had a blast with you yesterday!!! Mens day out....Left all my worries at the dock... When all was done, It was like I had a "thorough rinse"
Thank you for touring the river. Though it was tough taking in all the sights an nearly 80 MPH Once we did slow down, it sure was nice!
I didnt get home till 7:30 cause after just 5 min. on Rt 9 the highway was shut down cause of an accident and Lifestar came and airlifted someone out. I didnt care, I had my fun. I just kicked back, Jammed on some tunes and talked boats with some of the stranded motorists...and a couple of hotties . By the time I got home, tucked her away and had dinner, it was relaxing time. Ill post some pix tonite.
I'm happy you enjoyed the river Gary. Bring the family next time and we'll cruise to Haddam Island. And then the ultimate tour is in the fall when the Scream and Fly guys gather for the CT River Run all the way to Hartford and back.
Will Throttle Up have your prop back to you before May 21st?