Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's >

The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's

Notices

The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's

Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zup, If I'm not mistaken I had lower slip numbers with a stock prop VS a labbed one. Are you seeing this?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Faster, remember Zup has a Speedy #V drive.

So what about all the other Super fast 30s?
Will the Turbine boat and Huntington Beach boat be ready to challenge anytime soon?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Registered

Oh yaaa. Could be a problem for Bravo props!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anybody had any luck using hydromotive props on their Supers. Faster,Slower, Attitude better or worse ?
Old 07-02-2008, 07:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Has anybody had any luck using hydromotive props on their Supers. Faster,Slower, Attitude better or worse ?
Fast Eddie and PE run Hydro QIVs; JCap and Supersidious run Hyro P5X.
The P5X ran great on my 24 but not as fast as a B1.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered

I ran a QIV 29p on my Super. Unfortunately it must have been modified because it would not pull enough rpm. Felt like a 32 pitch. With that prop I did not like the trim available due to the increased stern lift. Offshore I think it would have been fine but in flatter water in Havasu it seemed to need more lift in the bow to get my rpm up. Although the prop did make the boat feel more solid than the Bravo1. Probably would be a great prop offshore.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
I ran a QIV 29p on my Super. Unfortunately it must have been modified because it would not pull enough rpm. Felt like a 32 pitch. With that prop I did not like the trim available due to the increased stern lift. Offshore I think it would have been fine but in flatter water in Havasu it seemed to need more lift in the bow to get my rpm up. Although the prop did make the boat feel more solid than the Bravo1. Probably would be a great prop offshore.
That's what I run. I bought mine without the diffuser ring and labbed it for bow lift. In rough water I can spin it to 5900. Best prop so far.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Should have the prop back for the weekend. Probably go out one night next week to see if it works. Holiday weekends are not the best time for a safe run.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

" I coulda been a contender " LOL Not to worry Mike, I think you'll finally get to the magic 100 mark. Can you borrow a Herring from someone ?
Old 08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike!

So i know you went to a speedy,(props are a ***** im sure) but what did you do with the mota? where is your hp at? sorry but i got alot of catching up to do
I run a p5x hydro got amazing holeshot and very strong top end but i was racing p-class at the time and ultimate top speed was not my goal, i needed handling and strong hole shot more than top end.my best top end was with a labbed bravo, a 32lefty hads me in low 90s but that was with a few more ponies than i have now, remember a detuned a little to supress my appetite for bravo xr-drives
so since this is the SB30 speed thread ,bring me up to speed ( pun intended ) Gary 800 hp? (I give your bravo about 5 hrs)Pure energy, is that the Falcon boat? i think i tested that boat with Bertel ( remember Bertel? the crazy german you still around Bert?) hottest y2k paint job! whats your power? speeds

Jim

Quick Reply: The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.