standup vs. sit down in y2k >

standup vs. sit down in y2k

Notices

standup vs. sit down in y2k

Old 06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't want standup seats in the Y2K; it's not designed for them. Get more padding for under your butt and install a foot rest so you can lock yourself in the seat.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spent an hour driving today... feet are more than 1' away from bracing on anything at all.

would you believe the coast guard stopped me near 18th st in nyc and asked me if I wanted to race? I wasn't sure that was a fair race being that they had a machine gun, so I politely declined.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered

should have raced them... show em what a superboat can do... faster than a speeding bullet
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 545 Likes on 330 Posts

I was in NYC about 10 years ago in my 27 Activator. I was running on the East River parallel to the FDR drive heading north. From about a mile away I saw a water police boat. He knew that I was coming towards him at about 50 MPH.

The guy quickly reved his engines creating this monster wave, then pulled to the side. As I came up to him I saw this beautiful swell, I quickly reved my engines to about 4000 RPM to execute a wave jump as I realized then what he was doing. As I jumped the wave, they were screaming and clapping waving their arms. That was the excitement of their day.

So in retrospect, and given a chance, I would race those officers who asked you to race them but I would let them win!

And if you do this "properly" you will have friends in the armed forces...how cool is that!
Old 06-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have bolsters for you out of my boat. Actually the entire interior. All white. I have some one who wants it all and is to be gone this weekend. If not try me next week. Bolster are better for the real rough stuff. You will need a tilt helm going from sitting to standing. Or just a wedge.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Gold Member

Got pics of the bolsters in use on a y2k?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdub
I think you are correct with this being your main problem. Your not "locked" into your seat. When the boat goes up, you follow, when the boat goes down, you follow. That's why you are feeling it. You need to go up and down with the boat as one. You have to get your feet secure and your back secure so you can be locked in. Move the front seat forward or lower it, or whatever you need to do to get to the footrest, and you will see the difference. Once you can push off the footrest to lock yourself into the seat you'll love sitting in the rough.
john you hit it right on I just read about not hitting the foot rests, thats what you need and you can have ppi put the mat in your seat. I am sending them pics of the elec bolsters and my custom red ones I had made to see which ones they could add mat to and make bigger all a round so I can sit more plus I will cut a hole under the dash in the fall to put a brace in to lock me into the saber better. good luck call ppi and move seats closer art
Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Gold Member

Looking At the seats I see that I can't move them forward because the outside arm rest is already completely flush with the cockpit side.

Do I need to change the seat armrest to be
shorter? Do I need different seats?

Moving the seat lower doesn't look like it will help much... Seems like they need to move forward.

Either that or I need some sort of footrest.

Ideas?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:41 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Fabricate foot rests.
Some one on this board made some from stainless pipe supporting an aluminum plate, which looked like it was a nice battery step plate.
I looked but couldn't find the thread.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbarna
Looking At the seats I see that I can't move them forward because the outside arm rest is already completely flush with the cockpit side.

Do I need to change the seat armrest to be
shorter? Do I need different seats?

Moving the seat lower doesn't look like it will help much... Seems like they need to move forward.

Either that or I need some sort of footrest.

Ideas?
Contact Coen @ Superboats.631-398-6041 We have foot rest extensions. Superbabi has them in his boat, and they work great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.