standup vs. sit down in y2k >

standup vs. sit down in y2k

Notices

standup vs. sit down in y2k

Old 06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default standup vs. sit down in y2k

Anyone have experience with a standup bolster in a y2k? Any pictures?

I took a 100 mile ride yesterday in rough water and my back is destroyed.

Would a standup have been easier on my back?

Thanks!

-Ross
Old 06-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

You should have bought my Nordic and you would have had a choice. Only kidding, Hope all is well with your new boat. Someday we may cross paths. WOW, I saw your tread about your trip from NYC to Montauk, that's some ride.

Best of luck
Ray
Old 06-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Gold Member

Ha! Thanks Ray! Does the standup help in the rough stuff? I've never been on one.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Registered

Most definately. It is also nice if you can get power seats. This way you can raise or lower the seats as your in motion without having to stop to lower the seat. Your legs act a shock absorbers. When it gets rough I stand, but lean against the seat back.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered

Ross

I'm not all that familiar with the Y2K so I hope I don't take a bashing here. If you install drop out seats in your boat and your in the stand up position, do you have enough freeboard to accommodate you standing and keeping you and your passenger safe? You don't want to be standing in a boat that is not tall enough to keep you from being thrown into the drink in the event of a mishap. I looked on the superboat site to check out the Y2k and it appears that the seats are fairly low to the cockpit floor. Not sure if i'm getting my point across clearly but I think you should be able to figure what I'm trying to say.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Registered

I don't think you have the height for bolsters, I have them in my bajaol24 and saber 28, I feel in rough water with good seats sitting is better for control. and PPI can add the mitoragar [SP] padding in your seats which will help a 100% or make mats for guys with stand up. I have bad knees shoulders and 5 disks that are phucked so sitting in a heavy padded bolster is for me I lock my feet into angled brackets good seats are a must call ppi and have them do yours over Iam in the fall.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ross, i'm with art on this one.
I dont think you can put stand up bolsters in a y2k.
Call PPI and ask about their mitigator system.
check it out: http://www.ppi-fl.com/mitigator.htm
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered

I had to make a decesion on sit down/stand up with the CC and sitdown won out real quick, standing was gonna be much higher risk of being tossed into the drink. I can actually drive standing up in the CC if I want, but at anything over 40-45 mph, it just doesnt feel right and I prefer being in the seat
Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it much easier to go through snot sitting than standing. I had a 31 Sonic and it was a PITA trying to keep balanced, drive and throttle, trim, tabs, read the guages, all at the same time. It was not easier for my back either, and my knees we not much better. Not to mention I'd be exhausted at the end of the day. I'm much happier in the Y2K!!!! I'm comfortable, secure in the cockpit, and free to handle the boat and not have to worry about keeping my footing. Give it some more seat time, maybe you need to move closer to, or farther from the wheel and controls???
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Gold Member

good points!

I'll look into the mitigator from PPI.

I've definitely got the message about sitting being ideal for the y2k.

In regards to the distance from controls, the throttle is very well located and comfortable to keep my right hand on and the steering wheel is pretty good (it's on a long extended hub).

The main problem is my feet are no where near the foot rest... maybe that will help. I find myself crouched forward not up against the back of the seat.

I found in the following but confused seas that if I pulled back a little bit (even when prop was still in the water) I didn't get quite as much slam on the transom.

When I trimmed in and added tab the boat felt like the brakes were on and there was a huge amount of spray in my face... I occasionally felt a little bit of bow steer. Wasn't sure if that was a good trim or not. decided it was too much plowing and raised the tabs and drive a bit. but yeah, 2 hours of that and now I can barely walk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.