Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Notices

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Old 03-17-2019, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

I’m pretty excited! I’m getting back into boating after a hiatus. Back 2010 Selling my Y2K was the right thing to do. But I sure have missed it. Having boating on the brain I’m always looking, bigger and smaller, Center console or down east style. A wide spectrum of boats each with its own attributes. I keep coming back to the Y2K. I love its size, rough water attributes, in my eyes great looks and trailerability. This will be my third build with John, and most importantly I feel comfortable doing business with him and appreciate Ricks talent in the shop. I also have the desire when I’m on the water to be able to get places in a timely fashion. I wanted to do something a little different, I pondered the 860/6 Drive. But this time around we decided to go with twin 300R‘s. After reading about the 300R’s attributes and performance results on the installs thus far, JC and I are pretty optimistic. The 300R’s seem to be in very short supply though I’m patient. Let’s see how things go!

Top Answer

12-04-2020, 08:01 PM
SUPERSTITIOUS
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well no YouTube video but we did manage to splash it today!! John and John jr. had a chance this morning and ran a set of bravo 32’s prior to my arrival. They felt it was a bit squirrelly. By the time I arrived they came up with a set of 33p 5 blades 15” dia. exhaust thru hub to try. By this time it was raining pretty hard. We did one pass across the bay, rain felt like bullets, my head still tingles. We had it running 80. Had trouble getting out of the hole with that prop but jr. said boat handled much better. Weren’t using any tab. May need to raise the the motors, as it’s set up with the jack plate all the way up the the bullet is about even with the bottom. Bottom line couldn’t see with the rain and didn’t have a chance to play around. Never came off plane or had a chance to mess with tabs, trim, or height. Ultimately need to put some thought as to our next move and get some more props to test.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

A new Y2K with the latest V8 outboards, very cool.
Probably gonna need lots of pics.

RR
Old 03-17-2019, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I hope Rick is as generous with his time forthcoming with pictures and documentation as he did with my first Y2K build as this Superboat comes to life!
Old 03-17-2019, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Should be a great combo. Please post any pics you have of this.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Congrats! I know this will be a great boat. I bought Superstitious' Y2K from him back in 2010. I think it was one of the nicest Y2K's ever built. I miss it too. When is the new boat going to be ready?
Old 03-18-2019, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

When did Rick come back to superboat? ......... I thought he was down south doing work.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Dave! It’s going to be a few months off, again the availability of the engines Could be an issue. Funny I looked back and pulled the trigger back in February 2005
on superstitious and I didn’t pick the boat up to the second week of August, that was a busy year for JC and Y2K builds. JC has a few things in the works currently. This past February, when I first called him, I told him he needed to wish me a happy anniversary and in the discussion about the possibility of a new boat ensued. John said he’ll be 3 1/2 months... We shall see.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I didn’t get a direct answer from John but Rick’s been back a while say a year or two though he’s been absent from both OSO and scream and fly. I have initially tried to PM Rick on both sides but he hadn’t responded but it was certainly nice to see him back at it at Superboat.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Did they start your boat yet? I saw some pics on Facebook of a new Y2K going into the mold.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’m not on Facebook. I would assume so. One of the first orders of business that I’m considering is maybe doing Coosa board for the stringers. When having a discussion with John about using that in the build. The topic turn to using it in the transome. He felt there was to much flex and created some issues in a previous cc build. He recommended against it with the setback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.