Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Notices

Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Old 03-17-2019, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Superboat 30 Y2K! Me three!

Iím pretty excited! Iím getting back into boating after a hiatus. Back 2010 Selling my Y2K was the right thing to do. But I sure have missed it. Having boating on the brain Iím always looking, bigger and smaller, Center console or down east style. A wide spectrum of boats each with its own attributes. I keep coming back to the Y2K. I love its size, rough water attributes, in my eyes great looks and trailerability. This will be my third build with John, and most importantly I feel comfortable doing business with him and appreciate Ricks talent in the shop. I also have the desire when Iím on the water to be able to get places in a timely fashion. I wanted to do something a little different, I pondered the 860/6 Drive. But this time around we decided to go with twin 300RĎs. After reading about the 300Rís attributes and performance results on the installs thus far, JC and I are pretty optimistic. The 300Rís seem to be in very short supply though Iím patient. Letís see how things go!
Old 03-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 187 Likes on 98 Posts

A new Y2K with the latest V8 outboards, very cool.
Probably gonna need lots of pics.

RR
Old 03-17-2019, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I hope Rick is as generous with his time forthcoming with pictures and documentation as he did with my first Y2K build as this Superboat comes to life!
Old 03-17-2019, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts

Should be a great combo. Please post any pics you have of this.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! I know this will be a great boat. I bought Superstitious' Y2K from him back in 2010. I think it was one of the nicest Y2K's ever built. I miss it too. When is the new boat going to be ready?
Old 03-18-2019, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

When did Rick come back to superboat? ......... I thought he was down south doing work.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Dave! Itís going to be a few months off, again the availability of the engines Could be an issue. Funny I looked back and pulled the trigger back in February 2005
on superstitious and I didnít pick the boat up to the second week of August, that was a busy year for JC and Y2K builds. JC has a few things in the works currently. This past February, when I first called him, I told him he needed to wish me a happy anniversary and in the discussion about the possibility of a new boat ensued. John said heíll be 3 1/2 months... We shall see.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I didnít get a direct answer from John but Rickís been back a while say a year or two though heís been absent from both OSO and scream and fly. I have initially tried to PM Rick on both sides but he hadnít responded but it was certainly nice to see him back at it at Superboat.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did they start your boat yet? I saw some pics on Facebook of a new Y2K going into the mold.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Iím not on Facebook. I would assume so. One of the first orders of business that Iím considering is maybe doing Coosa board for the stringers. When having a discussion with John about using that in the build. The topic turn to using it in the transome. He felt there was to much flex and created some issues in a previous cc build. He recommended against it with the setback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.