River/Lake Conditions >

River/Lake Conditions

Notices

River/Lake Conditions

Old 07-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default River/Lake Conditions

Did anyone spend some time out over the past 3-4 days on various areas of OHL or in the Cumberland River between the locks and Nashville? Please post any comments on the water conditions. Mostly concerned with debris. Looked fairly good at the lower end between Drakes and the locks to me.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered

Any submerged vans, battleships, bodies, or prehistoric animals?
Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered

Spent Sunday wakeboarding on the Cumberland River from the Dam to Two Rivers Golf Course and back. They were pulling one generator and debris was very minimal. I'll be on the Main Lake between Drakes Creek and Cedar Creek on Wednesday and/or Thursday and will be able to report more then.

We received quite a bit of rain yesterday in the Cedar Creek/ Mt. Juliet area and they are pulling 2 or more generators till 9pm tonight. I would imagine some trash made its way into the channel and especially the river last night. TVA shows main lake levels got up a couple of inches over normal pool (445.00) and river levels rose about 2.5ft due to the generation. TVA shows they will back down to 1 gen tonight at 9pm. If we don't receive much more rain, I'd say things will be good and settled out by Friday/Saturday.

Check out the TVA Old Hickory Dam info page here: http://www.tva.gov/lakes/ohh_r.htm
Old 07-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

I like the optimism clearing by the weekend! LOL - however, i havent been to Old Stumpy yet this year where is was safe to run! dont know if i have just picked the worst three weekends to float the boat there or what. also heard reports of a Priest native finding a submerged log over the weekend and now is missing an outdrive but did save the boat from going under.

put your best mulching props on boys and girls!! and keep your spotters on their toes