Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6.6 CAT won't fit in a new Tundra.....

the 5.4 Isuzu just might...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered

From our corp. web site:

NAVISTAR SAYS OPERATING COMPANY WILL RESUME PRODUCTION
OF DIESEL ENGINES FOR FORD UNDER TEMPORARY COURT ORDER THAT ALSO REQUIRES FORD TO PAY FOR ENGINES SHIPPED

WARRENVILLE, Ill. – March 1, 2007 – Navistar International Corporation (OTC: NAVZ) said today that it will resume production of Power Stroke® diesel engines used by Ford Motor Company in its heavy duty pickup truck line. The announcement is in response to a temporary order issued by Judge John J. McDonald of the Circuit Court of Oakland County, Michigan.
Judge McDonald issued the temporary order late Wednesday afternoon and scheduled a hearing for both companies Wednesday, March 7.
Under Judge McDonald’s order, Ford will be required to pay, without deductions, for all diesel engines it receives from International Truck and Engine Corporation, Navistar’s principal operating company.
“We have a great engine that has been met with very positive initial reviews from customers, Ford dealers and media, and we are anxious for it to get out into the marketplace,” said Jack Allen, president of International’s engine group.
Navistar announced Monday that it was immediately suspending production of the new 6.4L Power Stroke® diesel engine because Ford had stopped honoring the terms of agreement under which the engines were built.
International currently produces Power Stroke® 6.4L diesel engines that meet 2007 emissions standards while increasing performance, durability and fuel economy at its engine plants in Indianapolis, Ind., and Huntsville, Ala.,
Navistar International Corporation (OTC: NAVZ) is the parent company of International Truck and Engine Corporation. The company produces International® brand commercial trucks, mid-range diesel engines and IC brand school buses, Workhorse brand chassis for motor homes and step vans, and is a private label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van and SUV markets. Navistar is also a provider of truck and diesel engine parts. A wholly owned subsidiary offers financing services. Additional information is available at: www.navistar.com
Old 03-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cutting off supply was a childish move on Navistar's part. If a dumb a$$ like me could see how this would unfold, you'd think their managers could have caught it. They made themselves look silly and amateurish. It's no wonder they're circling the drain.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Cutting off supply was a childish move on Navistar's part. If a dumb a$$ like me could see how this would unfold, you'd think their managers could have caught it. They made themselves look silly and amateurish. It's no wonder they're circling the drain.

Maybe not, I'm sure payment terms were a large part of it, now Ford has to pay as they go per the Judges orders.

Navistar did something for their accounts receivable that no collection department could.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Catmando
The 6.0 is almost as bad a motor as the 6.9 was. Trade that dog in on a 3500 Megacab. You won't be sorry.
Pops.....the old school 6.9 was a great motor....around long before your dodge...I think....from way back in the day....is there another 6.9....if not...your nuts and losing it
Old 03-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
It's no wonder they're circling the drain.
You obviously have no Idea what you’re talking about. International has the largest chunk of the medium duty market. And with the ProStar and there MANN motoers should help them move into taking over the heavy duty market. And if they are going down the tubes why was there stock going up even after the NYSE said they where going to pull there listing?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Byrdman
A cat in a toyota....that is the problem with america...yea...I know...there built here....crappin japs got there hands in it somewhere ...wouldn't you think..??...some of you border jumping traitors will get them....make sure you tell us...
I have a Toyota 4 Runner Sport with v8. Its pretty fast, handles like a sports car andnot one problem or rattle from day one. I have also owned small Toyota pick ups in the past...same thing. I also have a Ford Excursion which I love. 94k miles just brakes and batteries. The Toytoa fit and finsh is superior to the Ford and the Ford is nowhere near as tightly built as the Toyota. I like the idea of a CAT/Toyota truck...and if a dually was produced I would look at it as well as the Ford when it was time to buy.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Paula
You obviously have no Idea what you’re talking about. International has the largest chunk of the medium duty market. And with the ProStar and there MANN motoers should help them move into taking over the heavy duty market. And if they are going down the tubes why was there stock going up even after the NYSE said they where going to pull there listing?
Yeah, you're right. Navistar is in GREAT shape. Mortgage your house and buy a bunch of their stock if that's the case.

By the way, NYSE did pull their listing. They're traded OTC- with all those other thriving industrial giants. Their own senior management can't pull enough factual financial information together that they can meet their required filings. Since their recent move to OTCBB, they've dropped about 13% of their value, from $47 to $41.25. That's just the last 2 weeks. And- they're borrowing money. Sorry but none of this bodes well for them.

I don't dislike the company nor do I have any interest in them or any grudge. I'd like to see them get some better management in-house and start cleaning up. They have been an anchor on the American industrial landscape and it's really going to be sad when some Chinese industrial buys them at a fire-sale price.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 03-02-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

Didn't Ford buy cummins right after Dodge signed a 10 yr deal with cummins, I think so, I worked at Navistar while all that was going on. I remember everyone at our plant all happy about getting the 10 yr deal with Ford. Sure Ford signed a 10 yr deal,they had no choice. Even though they owned cummins, they can't supply themselves with engines until the contract with Chrysler expires, which if my math is right should be in 2- 2.5 yrs. Any one else ever hear of this?? How about you Mike??
Thanks

www.offshoregroup.net
Old 03-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

Im still waiting on Ford or Chevrolet to build a 1 ton with a 3406

Quick Reply: Super Duty's in danger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.