Notices

Putnam Hitch's?

Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Putnam Hitch's?

Live in Detroit,Michigan area. Where are the dealers that sell Putnam hitch's? They are built in Michigan so I would hope they have a dealer network. Wrink gave me a number of dealer in PA but would like to find one closer to home.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

www.putnamhitch.com

Buy direct.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my Putnam Class V from Amazon.com for $144 delivered to my door. Sent me a beat up piece of crap in a box five times too big the first time. They sent UPS to pick it up and delivered a perfect piece in a reasonably sized box the second time. They told me they were dropping the vendor they used for the first shipment because I was not the first complaint. I was pretty impressed with their customer service and would not be afraid to use them again.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We have a Class V Putnam on our 3500 dually. Good hitch, however Im dissapointed that there is already quite a bit of rust in the reciever tube and on the chain hooks. I want to spray some sort of rubberized stuff on the chain hooks since its clear the chains from the trailer just rip the paint off
Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey AZZ Dragger, just hook 1 of those XDR's up 2 your big Booty and haul that Beaker around like that!!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

steve at dixie hwy & scott lake rd. can sell you that brand through keystone warehouse his phone # is 248-674-4649 tell him chris from underglass in fl. sent you
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
We have a Class V Putnam on our 3500 dually. Good hitch, however Im dissapointed that there is already quite a bit of rust in the reciever tube and on the chain hooks. I want to spray some sort of rubberized stuff on the chain hooks since its clear the chains from the trailer just rip the paint off

I have the same hitch on my 2500HD and it was chipped on the corners and the chain hooks. I scuffed mine with emory cloth and sprayed it with 3M Rubberized Undercoating. It looks great and cured the problem of the chain hooks chipping the paint.

BTW Putnam is a really good product. The factory GM Class V is actually only a Class III on the standard towing capacity scale!