Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
SCT ? for jassman or someone who knows >

SCT ? for jassman or someone who knows

Notices

SCT ? for jassman or someone who knows

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCT ? for jassman or someone who knows

I am thinking of going with the SCT X3 for my 6.0.. My only question so far is, If want to change power settings do i have to do a reflash? Or is there some sort of thing like touching tow command or some sort of gear change sequence to change the power level.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona
I am thinking of going with the SCT X3 for my 6.0.. My only question so far is, If want to change power settings do i have to do a reflash? Or is there some sort of thing like touching tow command or some sort of gear change sequence to change the power level.
All you have to do is go under your right side of your steering column and you'll see a plug in port, take the plug and it goes in only one way. Once hooked up, read screen and follow directions. No reflash, if you have a problem, call me tomorrow..228-216-0900 cell. Good Luck. Jeff
Old 03-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

I haven't bought it yet. Just weighing my options. What i am concerned about is, if i have it on the extreme setting and then want to tow something, i have to pull out the tuner again.... I know with something like the old edge, if you had the tow/haul mode on, it would change the setting automaticaly to the tow mode setting without hooking up the tuner again. I was wondering if the SCT does the same. Or every time i want to change power levels i have to hook up the programer again.

Or say i am in street and want to go to extreme to dust a few people at the light, do i have to pull out the tuner again to get it to extreme or is there something easier to do, to get it to the extreme setting....

Thanks for helping.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona
I haven't bought it yet. Just weighing my options. What i am concerned about is, if i have it on the extreme setting and then want to tow something, i have to pull out the tuner again.... I know with something like the old edge, if you had the tow/haul mode on, it would change the setting automaticaly to the tow mode setting without hooking up the tuner again. I was wondering if the SCT does the same. Or every time i want to change power levels i have to hook up the programer again.

Or say i am in street and want to go to extreme to dust a few people at the light, do i have to pull out the tuner again to get it to extreme or is there something easier to do, to get it to the extreme setting....

Thanks for helping.

Here is the difference between a module and programmer. The module is adjustable where the programmer like SCT is not. The SCT is the only unit that works with the tranny, the other devices defuel causing slippage in the clutches over time to help make it shift in the upper power ranges. I've had them all. It also doesnt help that the Ford tranny is a learning tranny, so it mimics shift points at certain intervals. The SCT works somewhat like a shift kit, precise shifts with adjustability 5-25% firmer shifts as well as adj rpms, and so on. The best thing to do is this..get a tow tune, aggressive street and Race tunes. Use the aggr. street as your daily driver towing 5k or less, and tow tune up to whatever, thats what I towed the Nortech with. The race tune locks the torque converter in all 5 gears vs just the 4th and 5th from the factory, and used only when racing. Talk to these guys, www.innovativediesel.com..talk with eric the owner or ted. Tell them you want the same tunes as Jeff Jassby from MS. they will set you up. You can change tunes taylored towards what ever you want via email from that point forward..for free. Oh ya, changing tunes is about 1 minute once you figure out the buttons, real simple. Jeff
Old 03-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

Ok thanks Jeff...thats what I wanted to know. I am going to order the SCT later this week.