Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
need help identifying/locating this set up >

need help identifying/locating this set up

Notices

need help identifying/locating this set up

Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what your looking for.. The company is called Kelderman Air Ride... http://www.keldermanairride.com/ Hes located in Oskaloosa, Iowa... That may be a little far away from you but this should point you in the right direction.. He brings some cool stuff to Sema every year... Hope this helps...

Old 08-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

Old 08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Registered

Talking

You can achieve the same thing with a hook lift or rolloff setup. There's several manufacturers here in the states. The most common is Switch-N-Go from Bucks fabricating. You dump the bed, roll it back, and drop the body on the ground. Load the car onto the body and reverse the process. Bingo!
I mount them on chassis at my dealership and resell them. The whole setup is 15 grand or so installed.
There's more expensive hook lift systems but they're overkill for moving cars around.
Cheers.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

As far as insurance on a mediu, duty truck. I had a C65 toter and since it was a "motorhome" it was cheap. Went to a C65 crewcab pickup and it was going to be stupid. FOund inmsurance company that had a "farm truck" category. Basically a way to insure basically commercial type vehicles for personal use. May ask about these type of policies. Good Luck.