Notices

Nissan skyline.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
how did this great topic get so sidetracked?
its winter and even Florida is COLD!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Most of this list is straight line performance, the ZR-1 would be the exception. Run a single lap at any track in the country and the rest of that list would need to take a break (over-heated brakes and drivers that need a few beers to recover!)

Gotta ask how many of guys here have actually taken laps driving a car at racecircuit or held a racinglicense and raced.. I have, wrenched stock cars in the states and Formula 3 even in Moscow and everything in between.
One American that would fit the list as a contender to the Skyline would be Dodge Viper. IŽve personally wrenched an Oreca GT3 racer still a FIA GT3 Gallardo will have it eating from its hand and the Skyline has nothing to hold against.
But in normal real life situatitions stop light GPŽs are where it counts, even in my book.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered

As a Buickophile you even think a Nissan is something ???
Now THAT IS SIDETRACKING!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:32 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
As a Buickophile you even think a Nissan is something ???
Now THAT IS SIDETRACKING!
i'd MUCH rather have the Skyline at Sebring...
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Registered

i'd MUCH rather have the Skyline at Sebring...
IŽd rather be in the stands and enjoy my beer...and my Buick in the parking lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9EgjoxaLlU

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 01-23-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by aquatictherapy
The entire Chrysler plant in St. Louis is now rubbles. They have been tearing it down for the past 3-4 months. Sad, especially since the city of Fenton and the County of St. Louis gave them a ton of money to retool less than 2 years prior to closing the doors.
That's sad. I was there for the entire retooling of the van plant from start to finish right before it got shut down. I made $2,000+ per week AFTER taxes the entire time and ALOT of others did too. They blew alot of money just to close it up/tear it down

Originally Posted by rlj676
1. Buy what you think is the best car...

2. The greatest amount of work, jobs and profit is centered at the HQ and that won't change.

3. I work for GM, and I do work for every region of the world.
1. I do. Its why I buy Toyota/Lexus

2. The greatest amount of no talent, overpayed retards, and wasted money are centered at GM's headquarters. Them filing bankruptcy and letting a foreign automaker become #1 in their own country are proof of it. Keep selling sh*t, its working great for the import companies

3. Then you know that the newest GM factories are located in China. Or do you want me to post some links to prove it on here?

Originally Posted by bustedbrick
Exactly, agree 100%. My point on my last post is that for the automotive industry in particular, suppliers and OE's and shareholders are go global, that the impact of buying one of the Big 3 is not the same as it was 20+ years ago. 20 years ago (or maybe even more), when you bought American, most suppliers were local, most shareholders were local, and most plants were local. When you bought foreign, all the money and trickle down effect went overseas. Not so nowadays.

Manufacturing needs to return for us to regain our footing, and not only mfg for domestic consumption, but mfg for export. We will regain prosperity by profiting from global development.

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
buy american, the job you save might be your own. Anybody remember that saying. Too bad people really don't believe it. If you think buying a foreign car made here benifits us more than buying an american made car you are just plain wrong.
Originally Posted by Catmando
How many American car mfgs have factories in Japan or any other Asian country besides China? At the end of the day, ricer profits here go back to Asia.
GM's biggest/newest ones are in China. They are there because of the dirt cheap labor. That's where your jobs went to.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

GM is building a new state of the art engine plant in Mexico that will be building there newest generation of powerplants. It will employ about 2,000 people.

GM buyers... how do you feel about this considering property prices have tanked and they have laid off thousands here in the states? Seems to me that they could build it here cheaper than ever and give Americans those jobs.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wintertime
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
its winter and even Florida is COLD!
opppss- I didn't see this page of posts before posting. Damm non-paying membership level lagging, I'm going to complain to the mods about that...
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
That's sad. I was there for the entire retooling of the van plant from start to finish right before it got shut down. I made $2,000+ per week AFTER taxes the entire time and ALOT of others did too. They blew alot of money just to close it up/tear it down

1. I do. Its why I buy Toyota/Lexus

2. The greatest amount of no talent, overpayed retards, and wasted money are centered at GM's headquarters. Them filing bankruptcy and letting a foreign automaker become #1 in their own country are proof of it. Keep selling sh*t, its working great for the import companies

3. Then you know that the newest GM factories are located in China. Or do you want me to post some links to prove it on here?

GM's biggest/newest ones are in China. They are there because of the dirt cheap labor. That's where your jobs went to.
Ignorant post of the week, congrats!

Wait, you made a ton of money (probably were "overpaid") at the Ford van plant, and in support you buy the most boring, overhyped crap on the market to say thanks?

GM is still number 1 in the US, but why should I expect you to know that or anything else given your nonsense post.

Yeah, GM builds plants in China. In case you were unaware, China has 3 billion residents, and is the largest car market. GM builds cars in China, sells them to the Chinese, and brings the profits back to the US (in case you missed it, NONE of those cars are sold in the US). Thing is, the Chinese aren't stupid enough to claim GM building cars there is better for that country than their own domestic companies. .....

Oh, as to "selling ****" and losing to the imports.....you might want to check the last years sales and your "awesome" Toyota and what's working (Cliff's notes, they suck and anyone with a clue about the auto industry knows it, you are outside that group). But enjoy buying an inferior foreign product because of what the market looked like 10+ years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.