Notices

'11 Duramax LT or LTZ

Old 08-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to see diesels in half ton trucks!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Registered

3550 miles so far and getting AWFUL gas mileage.. 13 mpg is what the computer is averaging. I guess Ill start tracking it myself and see what I come up with. But I know its thirsty! I rarely speed, but our speed limit is 75.. So usually 80mph max and Ive only towed 400 miles total.

And that crap about only needing DEF at oil change intervals is a crock.. I got 2000 miles out of mine before it started calling for a refill. But it was only $11 for a 2.5gal jug at QT truck stop..

REALLY hoping to start seeing some better fuel economy soon!

Last edited by waterboy222; 09-12-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
87cafe
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats why i bought an 2009, check on the some diesel forms im sure somebody by know has made a diversion for this reason, only problem it will void waranty.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waterboy222
3550 miles so far and getting AWFUL gas mileage.. 13 mpg is what the computer is averaging. I guess Ill start tracking it myself and see what I come up with. But I know its thirsty! I rarely speed, but our speed limit is 75.. So usually 80mph max and Ive only towed 400 miles total.

And that crap about only needing DEF at oil change intervals is a crock.. I got 2000 miles out of mine before it started calling for a refill. But it was only $11 for a 2.5gal jug at QT truck stop..

REALLY hoping to start seeing some better fuel economy soon!

It'll get better Cale, just gotta get some miles on it. 3500 is nothing for a diesel.
Your urea tank must not have been filled when new be cause mine goes forever, especially if not towing.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Registered

Good point. Theres absolutely no way to check how much you have in the tank. They may have not filled it at the factory or something. Or maybe they fill it at the dealer?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

The mileage will improve. But, you're only getting started with the issues with the urea system. It's under recall now, at least mine is... Not sure when yours was built. Many issues with the tank level monitoring system, they're still trying to get it right.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4OtbNt_Aug
Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered

Well Im pretty sure mine was bone dry because you could hear it splashing the bottom of the tank when I was putting the fluid in. And it took 2.5 gal. Im pullin the tank off when I get my H&S Programmer anyways so Im not too worried about it for now..
Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Im pretty sure mine was bone dry because you could hear it splashing the bottom of the tank when I was putting the fluid in. And it took 2.5 gal. Im pullin the tank off when I get my H&S Programmer anyways so Im not too worried about it for now..
That's not very low. I don't remember the tank size for sure and am to lazy to search it, but I think its close to 7 gal. Defineatly not 2.5.
I will be interested to see how the tuner does.
I am going to leave mine stock until the warranty runs out as I am really happy with the performance and mileage is good enough that I can enjoy the peace of mind the warranty gives me when out on the road.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

The DEF tank is 5 gallons.

FYI... The 2011 is the first year to use software which makes permanent record of any parameter changes within the software. The ECM/PCM records and stores the last 10 calibrations in the memory. It also shows the OEM, VIN specific, CVN (calibration verification number). The TCM records and stores max HP and torque values and shares this info with the ECM via the CAN bus. For any powertrain warranty work to be performed, the dealer must send an electronic snapshot of this info to the factory, via the Tech II scan tool.

What does all of that mean??

Installing a programmer and then removing it before taking the truck in for warranty work doesn't work anymore. Resetting parameters with a Tech II doesn't work, as the last 10 calibrations are stored. The Tech II snapshot is required by the factory... the decision about warranty work isn't up to anyone at the dealer. Once any of the above info is found to be non-correlating, a warranty block for your VIN goes into the GM Global Connect database... Your 5 year/100,000 mile warranty is gone forever.

I'm leaving mine alone...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.