Notices

2013 Yukon Denali

Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blaquebaja
VI what size engine that is? what size blower? did you have to modify the hatch or rear seat to install the blower? how fast is it? Love your boat!
Hey, Thanks!! My buddy built it when he owned it. The block is the original 502 poked and stroked to 540. Eagle crank,Eagle H-beam rods,J-E pistons and Merlin 315 heads with Iconnel valves. The blower is a B/M 250 with a Modded 1050 dominator. best speed so far is 84mph at 5400rpm on GPS. Bravo XR sportmaster with 2" shortie running a Bravo 1 28 pitch.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blaquebaja
VI what size engine that is? what size blower? did you have to modify the hatch or rear seat to install the blower? how fast is it? Love your boat!
Forgot to add that no modifications were needed to the hatch or rear seat.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by V.I. Outlaw
LOL. You sound just like me. If i cant buy it i build it. I think a Yukon Denali should come with an available Duramax and Allison trans. HHMMM.
i wish!! I think,,,,they think,,,,guys like us are going to load down the vehicle down with everything that goes into the boat then some how stuff the wife and kids in their then hook to the boat and go..Their rite! lol
Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be fine. I had an '07 and it towed my 24' Pantera like it wasn't even there.

Also towed my 30' Velocity, but that was about all I would ever want to pull. Plenty of power, but the short wheelbase of the truck made it a little nerve-racking on the highway. However I did tow it 2200 miles last summer so it's not impossible.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ziemer
You should be fine. I had an '07 and it towed my 24' Pantera like it wasn't even there.

Also towed my 30' Velocity, but that was about all I would ever want to pull. Plenty of power, but the short wheelbase of the truck made it a little nerve-racking on the highway. However I did tow it 2200 miles last summer so it's not impossible.
Thats great info. Hopefully it gets warm in a couple months so I can actually try towing. My old blazer has shorter wheelbase and it towed excellent. 110-120KPh. Whatever that works out to in mph. I guessing that the tri axle really helped with trailer sway etc.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL. You sound just like me. If i cant buy it i build it. I think a Yukon Denali should come with an available Duramax and Allison trans. HHMMM.
Well...here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/user/DuraBurbinc
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Thats awesome. wonder how much it costs?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats awesome. wonder how much it costs?
I think I read somewhere about $35K~$40K on top of the doner vehicle.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Registered

I guess the benifit is that everything lasts longer. LOl . I bought the boat from a buddy and he had Hi Tech build the trailer specifically for the 25' Outlaw. Because (In his own words) He towed long distance,sometimes more than a thousand miles and did'nt want any problems. I know its overkill but worth the peace of mind.
I'm not questioning it, just wondering what the thought process was behind it. I would have thought it's two more tires, two more bearings, another axle, etc. to maintain and it seems like it would bind the axles when making a tight turn.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
I think I read somewhere about $35K~$40K on top of the doner vehicle.
LOL. I can think of better things that i would spend the cash on if I had the cash in the first place. Maybe a bigger boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.