Notices

2013 Yukon Denali

Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Yukon Denali

I just purchased a 2013 Yukon denali,not the EX. It is rated to tow 8100lbs. Has anyone towed a 25' Outlaw with one and was it adequite. Previously I towed our Outlaw with a 86 fullsize blazer with 4" lift, 35s and 454 power running 3/4 ton axles with the big 14 bolt rear. It towed fine in my opinion,lots of power. I might ad that our trailer is a tri axle Hi tech marine aluminum. My blazer has a shorter wheel base than the yukon so as long as its got enough power I'm thinking the yukon should tow fine. Any opinions and first hand knowledge would be appreciated. Please dont tell me i should have bought a 1 ton truck or something simular.Wife has to drive it Mon-fri. LOL.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Registered

i used to tow a 88 wellcraft nova spyder that weighed far more than a 25 outlaw with an 05 silverado 1500 with a 5.3 . i now tow a 25 active thunder tantrum with a 2007 gmc sierra 1500 with the 6.0 , it pulls it with ease . Im sure youll be just fine . my sierra is basically the same thing as your yukon .
Old 02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

6.2 will have plenty of power,,,,and the tri axle should help with tongue weight it it has the airbag rear suspension
Old 02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

You'll be fine!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by V.I. Outlaw
I just purchased a 2013 Yukon denali,not the EX. It is rated to tow 8100lbs. Has anyone towed a 25' Outlaw with one and was it adequite. Previously I towed our Outlaw with a 86 fullsize blazer with 4" lift, 35s and 454 power running 3/4 ton axles with the big 14 bolt rear. It towed fine in my opinion,lots of power. I might ad that our trailer is a tri axle Hi tech marine aluminum. My blazer has a shorter wheel base than the yukon so as long as its got enough power I'm thinking the yukon should tow fine. Any opinions and first hand knowledge would be appreciated. Please dont tell me i should have bought a 1 ton truck or something simular.Wife has to drive it Mon-fri. LOL.
I think you made a great choice. I pull a 7500# Formula 255 with a Cadillac Escalade...same truck...different horn button. Trust me...you will find the Denali to be more than "adequate" as well as a pleasure to drive home pulling the boat after a long day on the water.

Mine does a great job and I especially love the air ride suspension...I run 400#+ of tongue weight and it levels it's self automatically. Mine has the all wheel drive and is a "Champ at the Ramp".
[IMG][/IMG]

One suggestion...after you break it in, consider the Super Chips programmer...best thing I ever did to the Escalade.

Post some pics...what color did you get?
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered

By the way, I did have to change the factory brake controller to a tekonsha P3 controller for my trailers Elec/hyd brakes. Wish G.M. put a better controller in their new trucks. Have'nt tried towing the boat yet as its still winter. But not like the east coast Bajahahaha.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
I think you made a great choice. I pull a 7500# Formula 255 with a Cadillac Escalade...same truck...different horn button. Trust me...you will find the Denali to be more than "adequate" as well as a pleasure to drive home pulling the boat after a long day on the water.

Mine does a great job and I especially love the air ride suspension...I run 400#+ of tongue weight and it levels it's self automatically. Mine has the all wheel drive and is a "Champ at the Ramp".
[IMG][/IMG]

One suggestion...after you break it in, consider the Super Chips programmer...best thing I ever did to the Escalade.

Post some pics...what color did you get?
Thanks for the feedback. We love the denali's creature comforts as well. We were looking at the Escalades as well but our local dealer had the yukon and its black, same as your Escalade. Our truck is the shorter one though. Cant wait til it gets hot enough to try out the cooled front seats. We were also looking at a 2013 Denali 3500 one ton single rear wheal crew cab as well with the duramax and allison trans but my wife would not be comfortable driving such a large truck to work everyday. I have a company truck so it was mostly for her. I will post a picture if i can. I useually have to resize them then try to post. I think our denali has all the options as is available on the Escalade except the magnetic ride suspention and the heated/cooled drink holders.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Registered

Default Pictures

Am i able to post pictures from my computer being a free member. It dosent seem like I am able.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by V.I. Outlaw
Am i able to post pictures from my computer being a free member. It dosent seem like I am able.
Get a free account at photobucket.com. Even though I am a Platinum member I still use photobucket...free and easy.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

you'll have pleasure to tow!!! towed many with same truck and not a problem. last was a sunsation 32.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.