Does Any One Know This Boat? >

Does Any One Know This Boat?

Notices

Does Any One Know This Boat?

Old 05-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Any One Know This Boat?

03' 280 496HO. Has any one seen this boat in person recently or know the history on this boat? I am told it has only 1 owner who orderd it. I am a little concerned about 300 hrs on an 03'. Whats the life expectancy on a 496? It appears to be in great shape according to the guy I had go and look at it. Any info would be appreciated. I am getting close to putting a deal together on this boat? It would be my first Velocity. Coming out of a Donzi. Hope I like the pad.
Attached Thumbnails Does Any One Know This Boat?-000_0270.jpg   Does Any One Know This Boat?-000_0206.jpg  
Old 05-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

Default Re: Does Any One Know This Boat?

find velocity tom i think it is his brothers all i can say is it was on the toys for tots a few years ago with us and i thought it was one of the best looking 280's i have ever seen
Old 05-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Registered

Well I got it done. She's mine. I hope I'm happy with it. Seems to be pretty clean. A bit leary of a saltwater boat even though it has closed cooling. What kind of speed are you guys with 496 HOs seeing? I'm running a Hydro 26 Labed. Thats what it came from the factory with. Any one have better luck with something else? It seems to like about 4900-5000 R's. Thats about 6 on the gaffrig trim guage. I had alot of people (900#) in the boat and full fuel and hit 66 on the guage. Thats about a 19-20% slip. Hope the guage is pretty modest. Most test I've seen show low 70's. Is that achievable? Has any one taken out their turbulator plates between the riser and manifold? I've heard it's worth 100-200 R's, maybe 15-20 HP. Any negatives to it? It will be in fresh water from now on. Any other tricks to the 496 HO. Seems to run really rich based on the transonm soot.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

congratulations turnerrd!!
Check out Raylar for 496 upgrades. They have everything you need. You're new boat looks SWEET!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice boat! That's a pretty heavy load you tested with. I'm no expert but, I'd think you'd pick up 5-6mph and 3-4 hundred rpm with a light load only. My peto speedo is almost dead on when checked w/gps. I was surprised.

Where will you be using her mostly? Welcome to the Velocity club
Old 05-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

Glad to be part of it. I think I'm already becoming a believer in the pad. It's a hell of feeling when it gets up on that pad and just seems to unglue. I boat all over the place, but spend alot of time in the Sandusky/ Catawba Island area on the biig lake. Around Indiana it's usually Lake Wawasee or Lake James.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glad to see you made your deal. We are going to have a group of Velocities at the LOTO Shootout in August. I hope that you can join us. If you need info. let me know.