Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 05-28-2017, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
WOW! Great Spot!

Most of today, weather looks good. Will be putting the dock in today. Yesterday waxed the VR 1. Tomorrow looks iffy. Don't know where the time goes, how the heck did I manage to get all this done before I retired.
Funny you just said that...... I said the same thing to the wife just this morning with my list of things to do piling up. Boat goes into see the "Tailor" next week. Cockpit cover has pretty much seen its better days so new cover is forth coming as well as new rear bench seat with some stiffer foam to reduce the stretch when stepped on all the time. The seat back is great, it's just the 3 butt cushions that have split seems. I've decide to replace the 3 butt seat bottom cushions w/a one piece seat bottom to eliminate the seams that run across the seat tops that seem to have a short life span. Pics to follow..........

Happy Holidays to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2017, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Yes the rear seat bottoms tend to split at the seams. Had to have one of mine repaired last year. The reason is often because of people stepping on them concentrated pressure right where the seam is. On my R 1 there is no easy way to get in without stepping on the seat. I picked this up and it is working well. It is basically a stiff plastic core with vinyl covering. Nice looking, and has some weight to it.

http://seatsaver.com/

Padraig
Old 05-30-2017, 03:29 PM
Registered

As a follow up to "TOTALLY LOVING MY DRY PIPES" and the Turbulator removed, I noticed little if any to no exhaust soot on the transom after a hard day of running it. Before the mod I still had a fair amount of soot back there, so for what ever the reason it's not there anymore, I'm thankful for it.

Can't report back any improvements in speed as I had a junk prop on the boat due to a fair amount of debris in the lake, wasn't gonna chance dinging one of my good Bravo's.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Yes the rear seat bottoms tend to split at the seams. Had to have one of mine repaired last year. The reason is often because of people stepping on them concentrated pressure right where the seam is. On my R 1 there is no easy way to get in without stepping on the seat. I picked this up and it is working well. It is basically a stiff plastic core with vinyl covering. Nice looking, and has some weight to it.

Seat Saver

Padraig
I checked out the seat saver and that's pretty much what I'm doing with a throw cushion. Having a new seat bottom made in one piece in lieu of 3 with no seams and using 2 hardness levels of foam so if I put my knee on the seat it'll never get to the bottom of the seat board like it does now. Might not be the most comfortable but that's ok for the short time it gets used anyway.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 83 Posts

Padraig, I like the seatsaver idea. Thanks for the link. Also have two rear cushions with split seams due to boarding traffic stepping in.

90profx, glad to hear that work payed off. I would love to get rid of my transom soot. I've been sick and planning to force myself to get boat to the marina slip today for the weekend.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ryan00TJ
Padraig, I like the seatsaver idea. Thanks for the link. Also have two rear cushions with split seams due to boarding traffic stepping in.

90profx, glad to hear that work payed off. I would love to get rid of my transom soot. I've been sick and planning to force myself to get boat to the marina slip today for the weekend.
Sorry to hear you've been down and out as of late, it always sucks to be sick when the weather is nice out. Hope you get a speedy recovery going and get out there and enjoy the boat.

Wife and I went to the lake Friday and it was empty, threat of possible storms kept everybody home. Turned out to be a trip worth taking as we had the lake to ourselves. Found a nice cove with running water......................

Old 06-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan00TJ

Ryan, very happy with the Seat Saver. Nicely made, heavy enough that it does not blow away, lightly padded and whatever the inner core is, it is very stiff.

Padraig
Old 06-02-2017, 04:51 AM
Registered

NEXT PROJECT: New Cockpit Cover & Rear Seat Cushion

Marine Board arrived yesterday for the rear seat bottom. Taking the boat to the shop next week for a new cockpit cover and having the seat done at the same time while we're on vacation at the beach in N.C. I've opted for a all yellow vinyl seat bottom cushion in lieu of the white, I think it'll look real good once done. I'll post up some pics when I haul it back home.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Registered

NEXT PROJECT AFTER THE NEXT PROJECT

Decided to move the two 10: Subs from under the rear seat to a new enclosure replacing the foot rests. By doing this the sub's will sound better in a sealed box and during all this I'm adding another foot rest about 18" up from the floor, it'll be much more comfy. Details to follow after I'm back from a needed Vaca at the beach.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Registered

CONCEPT, SIDE VIEW:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.