Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 11-01-2015, 04:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

As I'm a new Velocity 260 owner (but a Performance Boater for 56 years) and one who can't leave anything totally bone stock, I have a list of mod's for my winter projects. Just wanting to know if there any interest in me posting up as I go to start these mod's in order to share with those who may be interested in them as well. I have the resources here at home to do all this, so why not :-)

Here's the list of intended projects (this list will grow over the winter months I'm sure to fend off boredom):

1. New custom designed side decals
2. New fwd deck decals
3. Machined billet aft boarding handle trim plate
4. Radio relocation to cockpit out of cuddy
5. Adding 2 subs & Class D Amp
6. Custom LED cockpit lighting
7. Custom built 200W LED lights/swim platform
8. Convert the wet thru transom exhaust to new Custom Made Dry Exhaust (including machining to OEM Risers for the conversion & building jacketed pipes)
9. New stronger swim platform center support brace
10. New Steering Helm or maybe New Hyd. Steering (depends on helping out on the Hyd Steering)
11. Upgrade cuddy to full LED lighting
12. Install onboard battery charger for my 3 batteries
13. Bimini Top Install
14. BlueSea ACR charging regulation module
Old 11-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome to the Velocity family! Mods are like adventures- please share details and pictures especially when you get to the performance upgrades. Lot of good guys with Velocity experience on here that can help with questions.
Good luck with her,
Rick
Old 11-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Registered

I'd be interested in what you have in mind for the stereo relocation.

I actually have my cabin GUTTED. Nothing but fiber glass right now. Replacing the headliner. what a major PITA. I have the messy part done, just need to get the new headliner glued up, and cabin put back together, then its on to the next project. Gonna be long winter, I think.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Welcome to the Velocity family! Mods are like adventures- please share details and pictures especially when you get to the performance upgrades. Lot of good guys with Velocity experience on here that can help with questions.
Good luck with her,
Rick
Performance $$$$ is gonna be awhile, Bling-Bling upgrades for now....
Old 11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cabin fever
I'd be interested in what you have in mind for the stereo relocation.

I actually have my cabin GUTTED. Nothing but fiber glass right now. Replacing the headliner. what a major PITA. I have the messy part done, just need to get the new headliner glued up, and cabin put back together, then its on to the next project. Gonna be long winter, I think.
Now that's a job I hope I won't be facing for quite some time, good luck.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Registered

Its by far the worst job I have tackled on all the boats I've owned. At least the messy part is done. The good thing is by having everything out, I am running new wiring for my updated LED Lighting, and speakers.

Can't wait to ruin my lungs spraying the adhesive.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Its by far the worst job I have tackled on all the boats I've owned. At least the messy part is done. The good thing is by having everything out, I am running new wiring for my updated LED Lighting, and speakers.

Can't wait to ruin my lungs spraying the adhesive.

Sounds like the hard part is over...... Been through that lung thing when I replaced my transom on my last boat, 3M respirator, highly recommended, I had to break down and buy one, was getting to high and loosing track of that I was supposed to be doing....
Old 11-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Registered

Mod #1: New tail pipes

New tail pipes from Hardin Marine, I didn't like the shorties very much and figured these longer versions "may" help reduce the soot on the transom by getting the exit point further away.

New style internal flapper.....quiet :-)

Old 11-18-2015, 04:41 AM
Registered

Ok, I've decide to go full Hyd. Steering but at far less cost than an transom mounted kit. I'm adding a SeaStar 2.4 Hyd Steering Helm and Hyd Cylinder w/dual hyd. lines from helm to transom cylinder. $800 total investment and no outside cylinder to mount. Dual cylinders transom mounted look way cool, but a single cylinder just never looked right to me IMO. I'll post up pics once I start the change over. Currently waiting on my outdrive rebuild kit, bellows, seals, bearing, trim/tilt senders, gimble pin, steering lever, water hose, lube hose etc, etc., gonna replace it all while I'm in there.

1. New exhaust tips installed, had to move the new swim platform ladder to the left to clear the long tips,
2. Welded up a new swim platform center support, powder coated and installed.
3. Made and installed 2 missing rear seat braces out of Starboard.
4. Made 2 cut outs for 2 Kicker Comp 10" subs.
5. Pulled the radio from it's original location for relocation (under dash, radio mounted in bulkhead, face/controls was in the cuddy.....(new location yet to be decided, but under steering helm looks very possible),

Pics coming this week on progress made.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea of the SeaStar system. I had the SeaStar steering on my first outboard powered velocity and liked it; then Latham on my second velocity (outboard) and like that too. Now I'm thinking about going back to SeaStar on my 290 to save $$.
Originally Posted by 90profx
Ok, I've decide to go full Hyd. Steering but at far less cost than an transom mounted kit. I'm adding a SeaStar 2.4 Hyd Steering Helm and Hyd Cylinder w/dual hyd. lines from helm to transom cylinder. $800 total investment and no outside cylinder to mount. Dual cylinders transom mounted look way cool, but a single cylinder just never looked right to me IMO. I'll post up pics once I start the change over. Currently waiting on my outdrive rebuild kit, bellows, seals, bearing, trim/tilt senders, gimble pin, steering lever, water hose, lube hose etc, etc., gonna replace it all while I'm in there.

1. New exhaust tips installed, had to move the new swim platform ladder to the left to clear the long tips,
2. Welded up a new swim platform center support, powder coated and installed.
3. Made and installed 2 missing rear seat braces out of Starboard.
4. Made 2 cut outs for 2 Kicker Comp 10" subs.
5. Pulled the radio from it's original location for relocation (under dash, radio mounted in bulkhead, face/controls was in the cuddy.....(new location yet to be decided, but under steering helm looks very possible),

Pics coming this week on progress made.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.