Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
WTF is going on at Havasu? >

WTF is going on at Havasu?

Notices

WTF is going on at Havasu?

Old 09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a really great first post, congrats on your new membership.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sleek1
That's a really great first post, congrats on your new membership.
I agree sleek!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

my best day boating at havasu was Jan 1, 2005 no boats, no long wait at ramp, no sand bar retards.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

The only thing I know about Havasu is thru photos in magazines and what is posted here---just bits and pieces...never been there before.

I would like to bring my boat from Michigan to Havasu for a summer weekend just to see it and all the boats.

Can anyone tell me where a good place is to hang out on Lake Havasu to see all the hardware pass by? Would it be the channel where everyone beaches their boats along the sides?

Are the police hard after enforcing exhaust noise restrictions? I run a dual engine set-up...open headers with NO mufflers, but very a very smooth and tame idle.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered

If you go up on a Holiday weekend during the summer just about anywhere you go will be a show. It really does get crazy. The Channel is very well policed, nudity, fighting and OUI's appear to be the biggest concern. I have seen traffic shut down into the channel when exhaust fumes reach seriously unhealthy levels. Getting a spot in the channel to beach can be the biggest challenge on a weekend like this.

If you make the trip on a non holiday weekend you will find it far tamer than what you might expect. There will still be plenty of boats in the Channel on Saturday but not so many elsewhere.

Have fun. For Holidays - book a year in advance.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by irepo
The Channel is very well policed, nudity, fighting and OUI's appear to be the biggest concern. I have seen traffic shut down into the channel when exhaust fumes reach seriously unhealthy levels.
Thanks for responding. You did not mention anything about my question concerning exhaust noise. Must be that the nudity, fighting and OUI's heavily out weigh all/most exhaust noise conerns? Just curious....I would not be too excited about hauling my boat all the way to Havasu just o have the police write me a ticket and order me to take my boat out of the water or something like that. Any knowleged on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kaama,
They had a big article in Hot Boat about noise laws in Havasu about two years ago. I went right after and they checked me at the launch ramp at the Havasu Marina. I guess the owner is, or was a stickler about noise. Anyhow my 31' Scarab passed with mufflers at 83 db. Since then I never have seen anybody get hassled out there. And my friend has twin blown 1000hp motors in his 33' cat and has never been hassled at Windsor beach Marina , or on the water.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Thanks for responding. You did not mention anything about my question concerning exhaust noise. Must be that the nudity, fighting and OUI's heavily out weigh all/most exhaust noise conerns? Just curious....I would not be too excited about hauling my boat all the way to Havasu just o have the police write me a ticket and order me to take my boat out of the water or something like that. Any knowleged on this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Kaama,
I boat on Havasu a lot. The Havasu marina can be a problem, but not lately as stated by others. Windsor should be ok. I have been stopped when going up river by the sheriff when I had my silent choice open, but that was just one time and no ticket, just a warning. On the lower part of the lake, which is most of the lake no one will bother you.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KAAMA

Can anyone tell me where a good place is to hang out on Lake Havasu to see all the hardware pass by? Would it be the channel where everyone beaches their boats along the sides?

It's been 10 years since I was there but man what a pretty lake. Been up and down the East Coast from Maine to the Keys but it's nice to see such radically differnt scenery. Havasu is gorgeous. Copper Canyon Cove was our favorite spot to check out craziness. We also headed up the river to Laughlin for a night. -Almost ran out of gas. Beautiful canyons on the way up the river. If you've never been, I'd say it's a must see for anyone who loves boating.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
Hi Kaama,
I boat on Havasu a lot. The Havasu marina can be a problem, but not lately as stated by others. Windsor should be ok. I have been stopped when going up river by the sheriff when I had my silent choice open, but that was just one time and no ticket, just a warning. On the lower part of the lake, which is most of the lake no one will bother you.
I am there right now. It is really a very cool place, I personally love it. Wife & Kids all love it. If you are a comfrontational idiot the Older Guys at the Marina wil give you the slapdown, but if you show them some respect they are just fine. Windsor is very shallow right now.

Gregg Reichman

Quick Reply: WTF is going on at Havasu?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.