Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Havasu people. Point me where I need to go. >

Havasu people. Point me where I need to go.

Notices

Havasu people. Point me where I need to go.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

What all the other have said but my standard route is south from Thompson's Bay to Copper Canyon for a quick stop (usually pretty mellow these days but used to be The place) then down to Havasu Springs.

Then back up for a run through the Channel to see the show and go under the London Bridge. I would consider this a must do. I don't hang out there anymore but you can't go to Havasu without at least cruising through.

After that blast north to the sand bar although not sure how busy it will be on Friday. Then continue to the gorge and Topock.

I would recommend posting on RDP to see if any locals will be around that you could hook up with and let them be your tour guide. They might take you to Gasoline Alley and the secret cove.

Have fun!

PS: Don't know the boat but looks like a good deal on a clean boat.

Last edited by BajaFresh; 08-22-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
What all the other have said but my standard route is south from Thompson's Bay to Copper Canyon for a quick stop (usually pretty mellow these days but used to be The place) then down to Havasu Springs.

Then back up for a run through the Channel to see the show and go under the London Bridge. I would consider this a must do. I don't hang out there anymore but you can't go to Havasu without at least cruising through.

After that blast north to the sand bar although not sure how busy it will be on Friday. Then continue to the gorge and Topock.

I would recommend posting on RDP to see if any locals will be around that you could hook up with and let them be your tour guide. They might take you to Gasoline Alley and the secret cove.

Have fun!

PS: Don't know the boat but looks like a good deal on a clean boat.
i am not familiar with rdp. And thank you for the information. My friend was telling me about London bridge last night. Will check that out for sure.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Registered

Leaving tomorrow morning. Ready to get my road trip on.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck buddy!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Can't you boat all the way to Laughlin and get some gambling in?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
I think I'll be pushing my luck as it is driving 1750 miles out there then trying to tote a boat 1750 miles back.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered

Yes but I have never gone North of Needles. From what I hear you need to know the river Needles North or follow someone that does in order to not hit anything.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Stay away from brownish spots/areas of water and small areas of very light ripples. And watch depth gauge closely. Not hard after you get the hang of it. Good news is bottom is sand not rocky.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Registered

Duplicate post.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Registered

Don't try this in the morning! They shut down the dam at night and the water level gets very low. They open it back up in the morning so the water level rises all day. Best time to go is late afternoon and you shouldn't have a problem.

I once was staying at the Avi just south of Laughlin with some friends. One of them had a 21 Ultra and wanted to run to the sand bar. I told him I had to wait for the water to come up (I had my 29 Outlaw). He said, "No problem. I know this river like the back of my hand, just follow me". Well of course we run south at 60 MPH+ and then down around Needles with no warning he jerks to the right and I couldn't turn as quickly. Two busted up props and skags was the result. I had to beach the boat and wait for hours for the water to come back up and then limped back to the ramp. Lesson learned.

Now I have a small jet boat for the river that draws about 6". Don't run the river in the morning!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.