Wellcraft 27 vs Activator 27 >

Wellcraft 27 vs Activator 27

Notices

Wellcraft 27 vs Activator 27

Old 01-15-2019, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

mild what is ur FB name,,,,ill friend u as I don't keep up with request much
I go there but don't post nothing on my page,,,just use it for finding parts and like info threads
yea I sold that hull last yr ,,,,,resto turned out real nice and cged the hull for the rough and blueprinted the bottom from lower strake to vee
guy that bought it saw it @ tickfaw poker run when I went across poncentrain running with a 33 powerplay
in 3-4'ers keeping pp behind me as knew it maxed out @85,,,,,,lots of air in that little hull for long distance was why was so much fun for a small hull
its typical downfall of being a narrow deep vee hull was hated glassy water,,,rode so high over 75 would chine walk ,,,but 1'ers+ straight as an arrow and being so narrow had to turn into waves and hit them more dead on as if tried to slow walk over a wave hull would want to follow wave and roll on its side some so I drove it with more tacking into the water conditions above 75,,,lol that 26 martini is a cool old scholl hull,,,,,i ran the 27 hard for 3 summers so was time to let go before I wore it totally out ,,,lol

Last edited by johnmiffco; 01-15-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

DO IT! They are a lot of fun. I originally wanted to do the #4/5 but after looking at it, couldn't help but go IMCO for my goals. Mine ran high 80's with 625-650HP. 28p LH @5500-5600 is wildly efficient for a nearly 40 year old hull!

I would be torn between another Excalibur that would likely need structural work to stay together vs. a newer stronger hull. I just need Mange to send me a new TS 27 Activator hull.

Last edited by TxHawk; 01-24-2019 at 08:53 AM.