Notices

Thank you

Old 02-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thank you

Originally Posted by thunderdan
twin merc 700....is that what you are thinking of putting in your 33....holy chit.....

Go BIG or go home, right !!

Could be too much, but I will let Pat tell me that, maybe scale back to twin Ilmors
Old 02-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Registered

Actually, twin Merc 700's in that 37' would probably be the right ticket
Old 02-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blaniac
Actually, twin Merc 700's in that 37' would probably be the right ticket

did the bigger power once....sticking to 525's....I bet Pat is happy to hear that....l\
Old 02-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderdan
did the bigger power once....sticking to 525's....I bet Pat is happy to hear that....l\
Care to elaborate ???
Old 02-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Care to elaborate ???
Not a big deal. Thunderdan and Jassman opted for KE 675s in their 2002 and 2003 37ATs (Thunderstorm and Radio Active) a couple years ago. It involved some readjusting of the rear hatch (tall blower motors) and some more advanced dialing-in (obvious with bigger than stock Merc power). It took 'some' of Pat's own time to get the boats dialed in perfectly, but I do know that both of the ran/run like raped apes. Both were consistant 95+ mph performers with stints at triple digits.

Keep an eye out for Docmanrich37 posting his results in the coming weeks. He is crossing the Ts and dotting the Is on his Whipple install on twin 525EFIs as we speak. 700+HP each?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Not a big deal. Thunderdan and Jassman opted for KE 675s in their 2002 and 2003 37ATs (Thunderstorm and Radio Active) a couple years ago. It involved some readjusting of the rear hatch (tall blower motors) and some more advanced dialing-in (obvious with bigger than stock Merc power). It took 'some' of Pat's own time to get the boats dialed in perfectly, but I do know that both of the ran/run like raped apes. Both were consistant 95+ mph performers with stints at triple digits.

Keep an eye out for Docmanrich37 posting his results in the coming weeks. He is crossing the Ts and dotting the Is on his Whipple install on twin 525EFIs as we speak. 700+HP each?

Wens. is the day.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Dan and I both had the KE 675s. Dan had the XR's and I had the 4k upgrade to the IMCO SC's. I also had a diesel generator, and a little more paint so a little heavier. Dan's (asswipe) was slightly quicker. Pat set the boat up for top end so getting out of the hole was a PITA, we did top out on the way back from the keys with three of us and a little under a 1/2 tank @ 98.4 mph and ran out of room before we went under the Miami bridge off plane. I then played with spacers I believe an 1-1/2" and topped out somewhere around 95-96 on the GPS. Much better and user friendly. DOCMANRICH37 good luck, should be a screamer, at least thats what she said
Old 02-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
Dan and I both had the KE 675s. Dan had the XR's and I had the 4k upgrade to the IMCO SC's. I also had a diesel generator, and a little more paint so a little heavier. Dan's (asswipe) was slightly quicker. Pat set the boat up for top end so getting out of the hole was a PITA, we did top out on the way back from the keys with three of us and a little under a 1/2 tank @ 98.4 mph and ran out of room before we went under the Miami bridge off plane. I then played with spacers I believe an 1-1/2" and topped out somewhere around 95-96 on the GPS. Much better and user friendly. DOCMANRICH37 good luck, should be a screamer, at least thats what she said
Anyone play with extension boxes ??
Old 02-27-2006, 06:00 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
Hopefully we'll hit triple digits.She's a screamer and the A/T is a winer.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:02 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Anyone play with extension boxes ??
Pat installed the ITS system on the one thats up in maryland with 525's.think it runs about 4-6 mph faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.