Death of Runnin Hot >

Death of Runnin Hot

Notices

Death of Runnin Hot

Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: Death of Runnin Hot

One of the original 32' A/T's built was called "ADRENALINE" and it also had extension boxes on it with either #3's or #4's SSM. It was built either in 1988 or 89 and I remember seeing it in the Chicago Boat Show of either one of those years back then and Bob Harris wanted one built just like it only he wanted it built a little differently.

Harris put some 588cid supercharged engines in it and it was a maintenance hog because he demanded that it have solid roller cams installed and it he was always pulling maintenance on it by replacing valve springs and lifters on a constant basis----he was extremely stubborn about the engines having the solid mechanical rollers cams because he felt the boat had a BAD azz type of reputation to live up to. He was always gunning for Jimmy Ariola's 38' Cougar.

There were times when he just didn't always catch the lifters/valve srpings in time and they would break. Pretty soon the maintenance saga caught up to Harris and he finally threw in the towel. He felt he couldn't just enjoy the boat with any less power that would give him more reliability so, he sold the boat. If he felt he couldn't go out and beat everyone (even though they weren't trying to race him), then it wasn't fun to him anymore. To Harris SPEED was everything and it was almost like he was constantly gunning after every performance boat big and small out on the water that he felt was a threat to him.

Some of these guys become so competitive with these boats that they can't seem to just go out and enjoy it with a little less power and turn-key reliability...so, they sell it! I don't quite understand it, but I guess speed can do some funny things to a person---it's very addictive and it can change you. Everyone is different and has their own reasons and that's the way Harris liked to do his boating when he owned that 32' A/T. Apparently, the 32' A/T I now own was built along side of Harris's boat with Harris's boat being finished first.

Bob Harris' boat was an awesome boat and I have rode in that boat a few times and Harris made A LOT of people mad with that Active Thunder of his, but one thing I DO know for sure....Harris knew how to drive that boat---that boy could DRIVE that boat!

Last edited by KAAMA; 07-06-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:49 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The AT you're talkin about "ADRENELINE" was owned by Tom Orsino, who owned Pro Marine in Mokena Ill. That boat did have SSM IV's on boxes, and some bigger power than Bob's boat.

He was the J/OFF that dyno'd my engines, then "stole them from me along with all the trannys, SSM's drives and everything else we needed to finish rigging the boat.
I tried pressing charges against him, but the sheriff's dept. down there told me since I "willfully" gave the engines and trannys to him, he did'nt "steal" them. I explained that when I go over to his shop, he's always unavailable to see me, and when I call him on the phone, his secretary always says he's busy and he'll call me back. The police also told me that it's not a crime to not take phone calls, nor is it a crime to not return them either.
That Fk'n azzhole moved his shop out of state in the middle of the night, and took "all" of the rigging from my boat, along with the powertrain too. He screwed alot of people around here by stealing their parts.
Then, he surfaced in Arizona, under the shop name "Pro Marine" again. I called him out there, and he screened his calls. So, I called again the next day, and gave a ficticious name, and he came to the phone. When he knew it was me, he said that he could'nt get ahold of me so he sold "ALL" of my engines and parts for the balance of the bill!!!!!!!!! I owed him around $4500 for the dynoing and some other misc work, but I could never reach him to pay him and take my engines and parts home.
My last sentance to him was that if I ever see him in Chicago, or anywhere for that matter, my face will be the last one he'll ever see. PERIOD !!!!!!!!! Another real P.O.S. just like Oetringer and Harris.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
The AT you're talkin about "ADRENELINE" was owned by Tom Orsino, Another real P.O.S. just like Oetringer and Harris.
None of these boats were AT's.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:43 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
None of these boats were AT's.
I believe you're correct. Back then, I think they were called "Thunder boats" Am I correct? Never the less, they were still some bad azz boats in their time.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
I believe you're correct. Back then, I think they were called "Thunder boats" Am I correct? Never the less, they were still some bad azz boats in their time.
Thunder Powerboats. I bought the last one before I bought the molds.

Oh, btw, they are still bad-azz
Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Thunder Powerboats. I bought the last one before I bought the molds.

Oh, btw, they are still bad-azz
OH YES, they are !!!!!!!
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was "Cannon Powerboats" ever the name. I thought I remember seeing that name on the NADA guides??
Old 04-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
The AT you're talkin about "ADRENELINE" was owned by Tom Orsino, who owned Pro Marine in Mokena Ill. That boat did have SSM IV's on boxes, and some bigger power than Bob's boat.

He was the J/OFF that dyno'd my engines, then "stole them from me along with all the trannys, SSM's drives and everything else we needed to finish rigging the boat.
I tried pressing charges against him, but the sheriff's dept. down there told me since I "willfully" gave the engines and trannys to him, he did'nt "steal" them. I explained that when I go over to his shop, he's always unavailable to see me, and when I call him on the phone, his secretary always says he's busy and he'll call me back. The police also told me that it's not a crime to not take phone calls, nor is it a crime to not return them either.
That Fk'n azzhole moved his shop out of state in the middle of the night, and took "all" of the rigging from my boat, along with the powertrain too. He screwed alot of people around here by stealing their parts.
Then, he surfaced in Arizona, under the shop name "Pro Marine" again. I called him out there, and he screened his calls. So, I called again the next day, and gave a ficticious name, and he came to the phone. When he knew it was me, he said that he could'nt get ahold of me so he sold "ALL" of my engines and parts for the balance of the bill!!!!!!!!! I owed him around $4500 for the dynoing and some other misc work, but I could never reach him to pay him and take my engines and parts home.
My last sentance to him was that if I ever see him in Chicago, or anywhere for that matter, my face will be the last one he'll ever see. PERIOD !!!!!!!!! Another real P.O.S. just like Oetringer and Harris.
Sounds just like these 3 musketeers , hope i run into Harris one of these days u know just talk about ole times ...LOL
Old 04-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x

Wow Frank....I got taken to the cleaners too, but not near as bad as you. I was able to get most of my stuff back from the guy who ripped me off---but then I wasn't the only guy who he put the screws to.

It's too bad why people feel like they have to rip other people off---but there are A LOT of those kind of people out there! One way or another, it is going to come back to them one day. You reap what you sow---that's the law of the harvest.