Notices

easy 2-3 mph

Old 06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

i just remember when i was shopping, fred/trick discussed the RM may not be the best choice in salt water. As far as price, they are as inexpenisve as you get for a quality product.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CIG3
Gordo is also referring to balance, as make sure the fat guy to your left isn't throwing the balance off either. Ha Ha....A.B.
<LMAO!> Since you always kept the throttle pushed through the forward bulkhead, I think it all evened out.
Revolution Marine and Stainless marine exhause are both quality parts and very comperable in performance gains. The stainless risers do look cool, but the larger ( I.D.) cast risers on the Revolution Marine exhaust actually performs just a little better.
As for salt water, I think ALL the cast aluminum exhaust manufacturers strongly recomend thourough flushing after every run. For that matter, any exhaust, whether they are cast iron, cast aluminum or stainless steel, salt is cancer no matter how you look at it.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever seen a RM cast aluminum set after a couple years in any water, salt or not? Cast aluminum is cheap chit!
Go with Stainless!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Originally Posted by spilman
Have you ever seen a RM cast aluminum set after a couple years in any water, salt or not? Cast aluminum is cheap chit!
Go with Stainless!
Sounds like there were other issues involved with your experience. I've sold a number of RM exhaust with no problems, corrosion or otherwise...
Fact is, if you run in salt water and don't flush after each use, you will have problems with any exhaust whether it is cast or stainless.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Cast aluminum is even worse on a lake with a powerplant that puts a negative ion charge on the water.

I had MANY a problem with this on PWC back in the day when running on Lake Anna, VA. Lake Anna is a man made lake to cool a nuclear power plant, and it will literally cause the cast aluminum to molecularly come apart.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Cast aluminum just won't last like stainless, looks bad in under a year. I rarely boat in salt water, but if I do I flush, wash, rinse, flush again and then....I rinse and flush again!!!! Always have, always will. Salt is Cancer, period.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Cast aluminum is even worse on a lake with a powerplant that puts a negative ion charge on the water..
You got me on this one. The only powerplant lakes around here are smaller fishing lakes, so I don't have any experience with equipment in these conditions.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supercharge

Originally Posted by awsomethunder
gordo how much timing can you go with higher octane fuel.sending my prop out to bblades today.not sure which exhaust i will buy.i like the emi,should just supercharge and be done but had alot of problems with my other boat with a blown smallblock.thanks for the input
I say supercharge that thing and put that checkmate in its place I think the M3 or M5 procharger would be perfect I am running them they are very effecient, make huge power, and I have had zero problems with them...of course I am typing this with one hand and knocking on wood with the other..
Old 06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Registered

: Not dead even anymore except when I have a boat load of fat guys.....