Notices

Support for Mike "Gordo" Gordon

Old 06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Support for Mike "Gordo" Gordon

From the GD section:

Mike "Gordo" Gordon

Everyone Gordo is in a bad way. He is headed for surgery right now. The news is a little vague. It appears he was found passed out with a a brain aneurism. He was headed here today to race with Ernie this weekend. Gordo really needs all the help he can get as the prognosis is dismal.
Thank You
Steve Miklos

From yesterday, Mike's GF:

I'm Mike's girlfriend Jeanette...I've had the honor of meeting many of you already, and look foward to meeting the rest of you AMAZING people in the near future!

First of all let me say Mike is looking great. ALOT better then Wednesday morning around 9:30am.

We were packing for our trip to Florida leaving in the afternoon, and Mike woke up with a headache. Most of you know this is not an uncommon thing for him. He took some tylenol and laid on the couch as I went about my packing...I went to check on him a few minutes later and he was seizing. He seized 3 times before our emergency crew arrived. The LONGEST moments of my life. He came around to communicate slightly only to seize again and was taken to SMMC on the fastest amublance in history.

After a CT scan they took him into surgery immediately to relieve the pressure and blood on his brain. After about an hour and several friends, co-workers and family arriving...Mike came out of surgery successfully and was admitted into ICU.

At this point it's a waiting game. We don't know what happened, what caused the bleeding and pressure or why. There's several possibilities, but we won't know until he's strong enough to run the tests. Our goal is to get him stable, relaxed, healed and undercontrol. Once that's accomplished, they'll bring him out of sedation and build his strength up and attempt to find the problem so this nightmare will not happen again.

The good news is, we've seen SEVERAL positive signs. He's moved his head, arms, fingers, legs and let out a few harmonious moans. THAT was music to my ears. (I've always told Mike I'm low maintenance...) Carrie and I had the opportunity to help clean him up and shave his mustache off...Yes, we shaved it off, I can hear the gasps!!! Do worry, he's still that adorable GORDO!!! Anyway, we needed to do it and it'll match his bald little pointy head. Even during that time he was making noises and faces...trying to spit the hairs I dropped on his tounge!!! Again, I was THRILLED to see that!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how grateful and awed by the visitors, love, prayers and well wishes for Mike we have received in this short amount of time. Our fire department family has taken AMAZING care of us...We will never be able to show our gratitude. Mike will be humbled and honored.

The stickers for this weekend take my breath away...and make me realize how lucky we all are to have him in our lives.

Keep him in your prayers...

He's STRONG,

YOUNG...

BULL HEADED,

DETERMINED....

and VERY loved.

We'll keep everyone posted on his recovery...GOOD LUCK to everyone this weekend in Sarasota. Be safe.

- Jeanette
Attached Thumbnails Support for Mike "Gordo" Gordon-gordo.jpg  
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

I have ordered 12 stickers for the James run for the 12 AT's that are registered.

For those of you that don't know, Gordo used to race a 25 AT back in the day.

Maybe Pat can fill us in with more info.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Support for Mike "Gordo" Gordon-gordo.jpg  
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted....Honored to wear the sticker...we'll be there Friday noonish.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Met Mike a few time through the years and at the Active Thunder Factory during his F1 days. He's always fun to be around. Best wishes and get well quick.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

From GD today:

Great news!!! Carrie just called and the cranial pressure is down to ZERO!!!!! Thank God!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

awesome news!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been watching this in the Gen, I was in tears reading it. I hope all is going well. Just goes to show when you think you got bad, something like this happens. God speed Gordo
Old 06-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered

That's great news, very sorry to hear of his misfortune. Hope he has a speedy recovery and all is well.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike Gordon was one of the first people I met here on OSO, Very informative and always willing to let me beat his ear with my endless questions. Get Well soon Mike.
Attached Thumbnails Support for Mike "Gordo" Gordon-destin-2006-571-medium-.jpg  
Old 06-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Just goes to show when you think you got bad, something like this happens. God speed Gordo
So true! And to think I stress over my petty issues. This sure puts things into proper perspective.

Get well Gordo!!

Last edited by Macklin; 06-30-2007 at 06:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Support for Mike "Gordo" Gordon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.