Notices

28AT info

Old 07-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by squick
I know it's not what it was built for, but has anyone tried pulling anything with a 28?
Every insurance policy that I have had and seen written for an 'offshore boat' has a clause that states you CANNOT tow anything like tubes, skis, wakeboards, etc.

Can you do it? Yeah. You would probably want a different prop with some more holeshot on days you plan on doing towable type stuff.

Remember, holeshot and towing puts more stress on the drive. Its not if the drive breaks, its when. They ALL do.

You would probably be better off keeping a small beater runabout for towable duty, or a jet-ski boat; or maybe a 'toon.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crb76
I will be up at Lake Travis on Labor Day if not before. Give me a call an you can see first hand the fit and finish of the AT.

Clark
713-540-0171
That would be great, if it ever stops raining. Haven't been on the water all of July.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cosmic, you would not believe how much worse Lake Travis has gotten over the last few years. More and more people moving to the area, and I think every one of them bought a cruiser. In the channel between Devil's Cove and Carlos and Charlies is getting really bad. A 29 foot fountain broke up out there a few weeks ago. I used to be able to run through it with my little 23 footer pretty good, but now I just get beat to hell.
Sounds like how our river has gotten. So many big boats now that one of my friends who just bought a Fountain 38EC said "you need a big boat in self defense".
Old 07-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Sounds like how our river has gotten. So many big boats now that one of my friends who just bought a Fountain 38EC said "you need a big boat in self defense".
Ditto for here, too. I can remember the days when the Caloosahatchee was relatively quiet. Now...... it's a zoo. I won't go out on amateur days - holidays, first nice day of the spring, etc. It's not worth the risk and aggrevation.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

That would be great, if it ever stops raining. Haven't been on the water all of July.
I haven't been out in 6 weeks!!!!!!!! At least my boat is clean!
Old 07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

Cosmic, you would not believe how much worse Lake Travis has gotten over the last few years. More and more people moving to the area, and I think every one of them bought a cruiser. In the channel between Devil's Cove and Carlos and Charlies is getting really bad. A 29 foot fountain broke up out there a few weeks ago. I used to be able to run through it with my little 23 footer pretty good, but now I just get beat to hell.

I know it's not what it was built for, but has anyone tried pulling anything with a 28?[/QUOTE]
No I never tried pulling anything with mine. I heard rumor that Volite/ Round Rock and Leander were putting in some huge water suction pipes and will be taking millions of gallons a day outa the lake. True or not?
Old 07-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered

[ I heard rumor that Volite/ Round Rock and Leander were putting in some huge water suction pipes and will be taking millions of gallons a day outa the lake. True or not?[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything about that, but that doesn't mean it's not true. There are a lot of straws in that lake right now.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Registered

squick, have you had a look @ New Moon yet?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered

If I were you I would jump on New Moon A.S.A.P. That is a very cool boat and very rare to have a chance at a twin 28. If I were look'n I would be all over that one
Old 07-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spilman
squick, have you had a look @ New Moon yet?
I did...great boat. One of the things I really thought hard about was twins or single, and I pretty much talked myself into the single. That's how I narrowed my search down to only a couple. Another thing is that this purchase is probably going to be closer to the end of the year. I still have to sell mine, and I still have some more homework to do.

Just out of curiosity. There is another 28 listed in the classifieds for $10K less. That's a pretty big swing, how come yours is so much more?

Quick Reply: 28AT info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.