Eggbeaters, anyone?

Notices

Eggbeaters, anyone?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:41 AM
BRD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
We are discussing a triple engine 37 with 300 Mercs and a huge cockpit with 4 electric bolsters and a rear 3-person back seat for the Miami Show.

320 Gals of fuel. Simple but usable cabin with enclosed electric head and shower. BIG icebox and lotsa seating. optional AC to plug in at the dock in Bimini.

Opinions/ ideas/ takers?

Call me!

Pat
Yes !!! What is the beam , and LOA of the current 37 ???
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Wide and Long!!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by BRD
Yes !!! What is the beam , and LOA of the current 37 ???
8'4" and just shy of 37' feet, NOT including a bolt on swim platform.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts
Smile

I like the idea since I owned a 33 Sonic with triples. I t was not the fastest but always liked the extra cockpit room. Todays technology in OB's will make reliabilty much better than I delt with. Remember not everyone wants cookie cutter offshore boat with regards to IO power.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't there an Active Fish 33 CC at one time ???
Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,217 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
It was a 31 Active Thunder CC straight bottom; yes.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-21-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered
Gold Member

YUP! YUP! YUP! Now you're talkin'! Not to bash all the "700 / staggered 850" talk, cuz' there is really nothing sweeter than that sound, BUT... For example, those of us up here in the NE, our season is short - what, maybe 5 - 6 mo. (if we don't take it south for the winter)? So, time is of the essence - toss in a blown drive or worse, a blown motor and you're sitting on the dock waiting for a call and a big-ole repair bill. Down time is not-so-fun, and it seems that you are always reading about blown drives, blown motors, bad rebuilds, etc... boating is all about time ON the water, running and having fun. Now, add in the rising cost of insurance and fuel and dang, this becomes an expensive sport / hobby! (No, this didn't just occur to me - hehe). So, if you have a builder like AT offering you a truly custom boat, any way you want it - I say HELL YA! A 28' with a pair of 300's on it - for the boating we do (27 mi. long lake) would be the ballz! Two bolsters, "U-shaped" rear seat, smaller - but useable - sun pad, big cockpit, great fuel economy, low maintenance, cheaper insurance, no noise issues... see a pattern building here? Yeah, you give up the rumble and some top-end, but you gain - in my oppinion - a whole lot! And no matter who you are, if you appreciate performance boats and you see a 37' AT, all tricked out with 3 egg-beaters on the back pull up to a dock, you're still gonna be wowed by it! Like someone else mentioned, I used to love the old Sonics with the O/B's, growing up we had one on our lake with (4) Merc's on it - it was a head-turner for sure!

So, I say build it Pat! You'll sell it and many more like it to guys that have "been there - done that" with the high HP I/O's, but still want the look, the ride, a healthy top end and none of the head aches that they had before.

Mark.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:07 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Question

I thought the ActiveFish was designed by the guy who designed the 35 Marlargo and wanted to build his own 31 foot version but had financial problems and Pat got the molds and built a few and then sold molds to someone in West Palm.
There is an ActiveFish I see often at a yacht club in Pensacola.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Any of you A/T guys that are computer artist want to take a stab at showing us what a 37 AT with 3 OB's would look like ???
Old 08-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
31 CC.
Attached Thumbnails Eggbeaters, anyone?-running.jpg  

Quick Reply: Eggbeaters, anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.