Notices

We made it!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We made it!

We survived 1000 miles towing through the mountains of PA and the potholes of IN & OH with only 1 flat tire on the trailer and a little ingenuity to drive after dark. The running lights on the trailer weren’t working so we thought we’d only be able to trailer during the daylight hours – but several hours on the road gives you plenty of time to think about things. What we’ve discovered is that with a little creativity and a Super Wal-Mart you can do just about anything. We purchased two bicycle light kits, batteries, red tape, electrical tape and a scissors. Voila instant running lights. I think I’m keeping them for any future issues because the LED lights run for 200 hours.

Now that we’re back I can’t wait for a little spare time so I can get cleaning the 28. If the weather stays like it is now the thing will look brand new by June. It was snowing when we pulled into town.

Thanks again to Paul for all of your helpfulness while we were there. You took on many roles such as… Traffic director, waiter, concierge, GPS/on-Star, oh and Salesman… you did it all and we’re thankful for that. Our son will still take you up on that summer job – so keep him in mind.

Thanks again for the well wishes and the welcomes – hope to see a lot of you on the water.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails We made it!-lights.jpg   We made it!-paul_shae.jpg   We made it!-home2.jpg  

Old 04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Deal Chris! Glad all went well, well almost all. Hope the weather turns for you. It went back to seasonal here and its only getting to the low 60's midday. Keep us posted.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Registered

isnt that a *****, snowed here in michigan yesterday too! i guess i will blame you since it came from your direction, congrats on the new ride.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by yzbert
isnt that a *****, snowed here in michigan yesterday too! i guess i will blame you since it came from your direction, congrats on the new ride.
That's what you get for putting your boat up for sale!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

yea and it will sell as iam loading it for jammin, can i get a 700 boat built the week of july fourth start to finish? just planning ahead.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by yzbert
yea and it will sell as iam loading it for jammin, can i get a 700 boat built the week of july fourth start to finish? just planning ahead.
What colors?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Hey Chris ....... Glad you arrived home safe and sound.....did you re wire your truck from the 4 pin to the 5 pin for the new trailer?

Last edited by TSPM; 04-30-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Not meaning to be off Topic...but, what's under the powerbulge hood of the fat bodied Dodge Charger in the bottom picture??
Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Not meaning to be off Topic...but, what's under the powerbulge hood of the fat bodied Dodge Charger in the bottom picture??
400 MAGNUM ...... all matching number car, never hit, no rust.

I have it listed in the OSO classifieds
Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TSPM
Hey Chris ....... Glad you arrived home safe and sound.....did you re wire your truck from the 4 pin to the 5 pin for the new trailer?
Not yet... looks like we'll be using my Super Duty to tow with. But thanks for giving my wife a reason to upgrade her Navigator. .

Quick Reply: We made it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.