Found this Savage for sale

Notices

Found this Savage for sale

Old 05-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
$69K is actually a really good price.

$60-65K depending on IF the hours are true (repo ad says 49 hours; needs to be checked with scan tool AND make sure the S/N of the ECU is right with the S/N of the engine/drive via Mercury), and the overall condition of the boat.

A full hull survey and engine assessment would also be needed. (Engine leak down, compression, and test run; also have the Bravo drained and checked for gear chips, and remove the top cap for upper inspection. I'd also suggest having a mechanic cut open the oil filter for inspection. Check the scan tool as well for time at what RPMs. 49 hours on the rev limiter, is a lot different than 20 hours at idle, 27 hours cruising, and 2 at high RPM)
Yeah, I didn't find 69K to be too terribly high, but it's hard to judge the overall condition from the pics provided. I didn't see where it said 49 hours either. I'd definitely be interested in this one if it surveyed well, and they'd take a low offer. Also, it appears it doesn't come with a trailer either.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Yeah, I didn't find 69K to be too terribly high, but it's hard to judge the overall condition from the pics provided. I didn't see where it said 49 hours either. I'd definitely be interested in this one if it surveyed well, and they'd take a low offer. Also, it appears it doesn't come with a trailer either.
Click on full specs, and it has the engine hours, but the HP is wrong, so take that for what its worth. The only thing that matters is the ECU, not the hourmeter which takes 1/2 second to disable.

Your best bet would be to have someone from OSO, Speedwake, or Cbpba.com go and lay some unbiased eyes on it for you. Put a post up in the General Discussion area(s) and see if someone close by has some free time; and go from there.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

Click on full specs, and it has the engine hours, but the HP is wrong, so take that for what its worth. The only thing that matters is the ECU, not the hourmeter which takes 1/2 second to disable.

Your best bet would be to have someone from OSO, Speedwake, or Cbpba.com go and lay some unbiased eyes on it for you. Put a post up in the General Discussion area(s) and see if someone close by has some free time; and go from there.
Thanks for the advice.

I'm still a week or so from knowing about some career change possibilities that will be setting my budget. After I know that I was planning on asking if anyone was local to take a look at it to see if it's worth pursuing.

This is all assuming I truly can't get insured on a cat which is what I'd rather have but may be unreasonable.

Last, these are true 28 ft boats correct, where as a Sunsation 288 includes the swimstep and has less freeboard?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rlj676
Thanks for the advice.

I'm still a week or so from knowing about some career change possibilities that will be setting my budget. After I know that I was planning on asking if anyone was local to take a look at it to see if it's worth pursuing.

This is all assuming I truly can't get insured on a cat which is what I'd rather have but may be unreasonable.

Last, these are true 28 ft boats correct, where as a Sunsation 288 includes the swimstep and has less freeboard?
27'10" to be exact, and then tack on the bolt on swim platform.
Freeboard is definately moreso than a 288 Sunsation. I have the specs in a notebook that I can't put my hands on at the moment, but you are definately IN and Active Thunder as opposed to ON it. Assuming you see some big water of the Great Lakes, you will appreciate the 28AT over the 288 Sunsation.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-20-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Registered

27'10" to be exact, and then tack on the bolt on swim platform.
Freeboard is definately moreso than a 288 Sunsation. I have the specs in a notebook that I can't put my hands on at the moment, but you are definately IN and Active Thunder as opposed to ON it. Assuming you see some big water of the Great Lakes, you will appreciate the 28AT over the 288 Sunsation.
That's what I thought, thanks.

I'll be mostly sticking to Lake St Claire which isn't too big of water. If I move back to MO (where I'm from) soon though and go to LOTO i'd need all the boat I can find for sure.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
That poor boat looks 20 years old, not 3. What a shame. Just needs some TLC!
Its a dam shame when they let it get trashed because its getting repoed. Ilooked at that boat before I got my 06 it was beautiful but I thought the paint looked to much like a Sunsation, anyway, it has been my experince that the repo guys sometimes trash'em and or don'y take care of them. When mine went it was spottless and when the guy that bought it said it was very dirty and wet with scratch's that were not there when I had it. If it could be bought for the 60s its a good deal but look at the market
Old 05-21-2008, 07:42 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sydwayz, What do you think the weight is ? When that boat was at the NYC poker run it was on a new trailer. I wonder what happened to it?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by NKissau
That poor boat looks 20 years old, not 3. What a shame. Just needs some TLC!
Looks 20 yrs old from the online pics......? Maybe im missing something.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CMC
Sydwayz, What do you think the weight is ? When that boat was at the NYC poker run it was on a new trailer. I wonder what happened to it?
4800-ish dry, depending on options; no trailer. (same as a Baja 25 Outlaw)

Most folks, even though they finance a boat and trailer together, usually end up with the trailer having a clear title. Since the owner probably had the trailer free and clear, he is going to sell it outright, or save it for whatever reason.

The trailer probably still exists, if it actually sold with the boat originally. Glenn or Rick at APMBoats.com would know, and might have owner contact info.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-22-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, I have to disagree, on a repo boat, I think the offer should be much less. I can do a 26 2008 Outlaw with full warranty for 77K, I think the offer to the bank should be more like 40K. First its not a new boat, it probably has no warranty, Hull or Motor, and no idea the condition other than the photos.

Just my 2 cents.

WILL

Quick Reply: Found this Savage for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.