anybody know this 25 A/T in RI >

anybody know this 25 A/T in RI

Notices

anybody know this 25 A/T in RI

Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My Addiction
Are you the guys he says are looking at it on Saturday? How serious is your friend about buying it?
Yes.

Last edited by slboatdrinks; 01-05-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: speculation
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont quote anything that sounds like speculation

Last edited by My Addiction; 01-05-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by My Addiction
Don't get your hopes up. I hear from very reliable sources that the boat has been beat to death and might have some structural issues.
yeh, he said it probably has 600 hrs on the hull, let me know what you find out.[/QUOTE]

Just to set the record straight I did not buy this boat new, but I have owned it for 9 years. I have taken very good care of it. It was my baby (until I started snowmobiling, and I refused to pay $4.00 a gallon to make some people super rich so I can go boating). I have done 82 mph through some 3 and 4 foot chop on many occasions and have never had any stress cracks appear due to "structural damage". So if there ever was - which I don't believe there ever was "structural damage" - who ever fixed it did a damn good job !! I will say that the boat had a bunch of air voids down the side that Thunder would not warranty because I was the second owner, understood. I did spend some big money to have the side stripped and repaired properly. The glass man who did it didn't find any old repairs, I made sure to ask him since it was a race boat. He said it looked better than most Fountains that only have one season on them. Go figure !!
Pete, if you read this, What's up how and are you doing ?? Pete, do you think I would be so fussy with a beat up piece of **** ?? I wouldn't even put it in salt water to do the Regatta Poker Run, remember !! Pete I'll be calling soon, I'm building some carb 500's for a buddy. Won't say any names on here because people might think he "beat his boat to death". But I'm looking for some cyl heads. He broke a roller lifter and had some broken valve springs.
Hope this info helps the people who may be interested in the boat. By the way, the hour meter reads 265hrs !!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

How fast is it as currently configured? What kind of power?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

Talking

snowmobiling!!!! You trader!! Put that 572 back in and run around in RI.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marinetrans
snowmobiling!!!! You trader!! Put that 572 back in and run around in RI.
If I don't sell it I'll see you this summer.I sold the 572 Thinking of building something with less torque if I end up keeping Chaos. For now the 7.4 will do the trick. What are you runnin these days ??
Old 01-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chaos
If I don't sell it I'll see you this summer.I sold the 572 Thinking of building something with less torque if I end up keeping Chaos. For now the 7.4 will do the trick. What are you runnin these days ??
Do a 468 or a 509 motor for it,either are great motors.I'm runnin a mild GM big block(call me for details).
Old 01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marinetrans
Do a 468 or a 509 motor for it,either are great motors.I'm runnin a mild GM big block(call me for details).
Yeah, I was thinkin of a 509 with a charger maybe. we'll see. You say trader about the whole snowmobile thing but try 200 hp on a 500 lb machine. Can you say adrenaline !! Can get in some trouble pretty quick on that thing too, but the sound police haven't caught me yet !!! lol
Hey you want a laugh. Before I put mufflers on Chaos the marine patrol got to the point that they would beat me to the boat ramp. They would actually sit and wait for me to show !! I used to have to trailer to a different ramp each day. Finally broke down and put mufflers on it. I show up at the ramp back it down and fire it up nice and quit !! Boy were they pissed they never got to write me a ticket. I'll call you in the next couple of days to catch up.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered

deal in the works, it will soon be mine
Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE
Congrats!!!! are you getting a survey done?
already done. that is one of the three 10's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.